Dosed

Shelter

Has anyone else seen or heard much about this game? It looks really interesting to me. Maybe it's due to the fact that Journey was mentioned in todays Thumbs episode, and that got me in the mood for a simplistic, atmospheric game but it looks pretty neat to me. I really like the art style and the little squeaks from the baby badgers could probably be considered cheating on the developer's part because they're an instant pathway to my Ohmygodsavethebabyanimals Cortex. 

There's also a preview up on IGN which goes into more detail. For those whose stomach's instantly crawl out of their throats when they see the three letters "I", "G" and "N" together the game apparently involves mothering (or fathering?) 5 badger cubs by feeding them and defending them from predators and shizzle. 

Is anyone interested or have you had enough of this indie artsy BULLSHIT?! Oh and it's up on Steam Greenlight too. 

I just love the look of that little badger and the art style is interesting, albeit extremely muted and kind dull(boring). This may be a complete slam to the game and it's "indie artsy bullshit" but I would almost want the design of this game set in the viva pinata universe so it had a more casual and vibrant tone... probably only because the badger reminds me a fudgehog.

I do want to check it out though, seems like a neat idea.

Oh Viva Piñata you were my grown up Pokémon. How I loved you. I'm just saying this now but if Viva Piñata 3 comes out on the Xbox One I will be buying one when the price is hideously low (even if it takes years). 

I really think the theme suits the art style. I love the arts-and-crafts-like textures, and the colours really fit in with the nature vibe. It kind of reminds me of the English countryside (minus the giant flying hawks) which as an Englishman it brings back a lot of (grey and overcast) memories of camping, etc. I think a more vibrant tone might detract from the authentic natural atmosphere. Oh, and "indie artsy BULLSHIT" was supposed to be a joke. HAH HAH HAH. 

It's up on Steam on the green light sale and it's gotten at least one favourable review that I've read. 

badger-animated.gifbadger-animated.gifbadger-animated.gifbadger-animated.gif

Looks nice, the thing that interests me about it is that it appears that your children are your 'lifes', what will happen if all your babies die? Game over?

Shelter is back of the latest Groupees bundle.

I've "beaten" it and it seems effective at manipulating your emotions... 

You WILL lose some of your cubs, I'm positive most scenarios exist just to take a cub away from you.

One level where it's dark? I had ALL my cubs, the challenge is that they get scared and run away by noises and you have to chase them down, except once one simply disappeared and wasn't with the rest of the group, I then heard some noises that meant the cub was a goner.

Heck, I even noticed one of the cubs was walking slower a certain level, I fed it more than the rest, which didn't recover him... guess which one was snatched by the eagle?

I also found it hilarious that when I said to myself "What's next? A fire?" and that was exactly the next was about.

I still enjoyed it despite the fact that I saw how it was manipulating me, but I'm glad I bought it in a bundle.

Oh, also...

If anybody else gets the game, will you please tell me if the cub that resembles you the most is amongst the survivors? I'm pretty sure that's on purpose.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to have them all survive, but I had two survive in the end and when I watched a video online I saw a guy with three survivors.

There is now a Shelter 2, only this time you are a mother Lynx with a bunch of kittens cubs.

post-33601-0-40015300-1425929110_thumb.jpg