Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

You can trade friend codes in here, though ACNL actually streamlines things a bit, since if you're in a town with somebody whose code you do not have, the game can set things up for you. (You still need to have at least one person whose game you can join from the outset though, so you still need to trade codes at least once to get that door open.)

There's also another thing going on in ACNL where you can tag certain people in your friends list as "best friends", which will allow you to exchange messages with them at any time, while playing ACNL, no matter where you are or they are.

Anyways, hey, Video games.

I have apples, anybody want apples? (Plant fruit from other towns, they'll grow into trees and bear more fruit that will be more valuable than your native fruit.)

I want apples. I have peaches, and I've planted some cherries but they haven't sprouted yet.

Also, if anybody has an extra fishing rod, I could use one. It hasn't appeared in my shop yet.

Here's my info:

Friend code: 0387-8790-2867

Mii name: Crouton

Animal Crossing character: Scott

Town: Formica

Native fruit: Peaches

I could use peaches, we could trade, do i have your code?

I just planted cherries and oranges too.

As for tools, i don't have a bug net or a watering can, but i don't have anything to offer either, in that regard.

My 3DS' battery just died, so i'm out for right now though.

I don't think you have me registered. I added your code from the other thread and it's showing you as a "provisionally registered friend." Mine is in the post above.

I have apples, so I'll be up for trading tomorrow.  I planted some oranges too, we'll see if they make it. I've added both of you.

My code is: 1349-5069-7774

I've added the previous posters here. 

My code is:  0748-2206-1517

ACNL name: Mike

Town: Shadyton

My native fruit appears to be oranges

add me!

I think I've added everyone. Mine is 4184-1780-6592 for those who haven't added me yet.

Can't wait to try New Leaf out. Won't be out until the 14th over here.. :(

Bah! I got so wrapped up in E3 stuff that i didn't get to any shops before they closed, a day wasted!

I need to get a ways into the mayoral arc so i can change my town's schedule to suit my night owl tendencies.

Edit: Blah, and a day later, i find i still can't get the tools i need from my own shops.

I have apples for trade and need an axe.  From what I have been reading I think I need to pick that up somewhere that isn't Nookingtons though, which confuses me.

friend code: 3308 4555 2546
name: teg

ACNL name: Tegan

Town: Beanburg ("Twin Beaks" wouldn't fit)

I have cherries, plus I'm growing a pear tree and a perfect cherry tree. Don't buy my hats yet, 'cause I want all of them.

Best thing: I'm currently living in this crappy little tent with no furniture save for a lamp and a HUGE ASS CLAW MACHINE my friend bought me. He also got me some sweet space pants

I've got an extra shovel and fishing rod, if anyone needs one.

Anyone have a bug net?

I really should have looked at how long it takes fruit to regrow before I sold all mine

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/image-share/

NoA set up a site for the image sharer too, though i guess it just puts you through to the same end point.

According to my secretary person, oranges are the fruit most desired in my town. Additionally, if you go through all of her tutorial dialogue, she gives you a watering can.

I still need an axe and a bug net, and i guess eventually a sling shot, and probably something else i'm forgetting. Oh, well... new in ACNL, diving suits actually allow you to go swimming. I haven't found one of those yet.

5429 - 7506 - 5798

I've got oranges!

I guess the only way to add someone to the Best Friends list is for them to be actively visiting your town? I'll probably be on to screw around a bit during E3 wrap-up streams, so I'll leave my gate open.

I bought an extra net if anyone wants it.

Is there really no way to just send mail to one of your friends without being in their town? That's irritating. I guess I'm just going to leave my gate open for a while; feel free to drop in if you need a net.

I want oranges too.

I really need a net, i can probably trade you some apples for it. (Edit: Except that i seem to have picked all my trees clean.)

Are you on right now?

Edit: Alright, hey, thanks for the net and the peaches. Your town is way more developed than mine, also.

Your town theme made me laugh, heh.

The best friend tag just lets you instant message eachother while still in your own individual towns, i don't see any way to send mail to another town.

Which is dumb, yes.

You could mail somebody a gift by using their own post office in their own town, i believe.

Which is also dumb, yes.

The main practical purpose of the post office is just sending gifts and notes to the NPC's so you can ensure the ones that you like stick around.

My town has pears! I don't like pears, but I'm cool with that either way.

I went... and bought a new 3DS XL for this game, basically, after getting my old 3DS stolen. I mean I was going to eventually, anyway, but this game pushed me over the edge. Ffffff.

I love Animal Crossing. It's the most relaxing of video games. Hunting for fossils! Best.

My friend code is 0044-2835-6739, is the other data necessary to visit each other's town?

I've added everybody in this thread, I think. It just came out and... once again, my town has apples... how boring! Unfortunately I already sold them, but if anybody needs some I'll save some for next time.

I only have a shovel and a net, which is a pretty good start, but I really want a fishing pole! When can you actually do mayor stuff and visit Tortimer's island?

EDIT: Oh, Isabelle gave me a fishing pole and a watering can and some oranges! GOOD DOGGIE!

It seems Isabelle will give you either a net or a fishing pole, depending on your choice during her tutorial dialog. I chose to talk to her about catching bugs because I already had a net, which then gave me the option to tell her I didn't have one, after which I assume she'll give you the tool. I didn't get the choice to talk about fishing after that, so it must be one or the other.

The watering can and "foreign" fruit look to be constant, though.

I still have oranges, and now some pear trees growing, so any other fruit would be great. I think my game's store has a net and a shovel up for sale today, so I can snag those for someone who wants them.

Anyone who isn't fishing, get on that. It's by far the fastest way to earn money. I hit the cash limit and I'm only three days in. I have 99,000 bells in a sack at home and 34,000 on my person.

Anyone who isn't fishing, get on that. It's by far the fastest way to earn money. I hit the cash limit and I'm only three days in. I have 99,000 bells in a sack at home and 34,000 on my person.

I believe there's an ATM in the post office that you can deposit your funds into.

Man, I made over 50,000 bells in one day, I just fished too much...

I really wish you could visit other's town while they are away, because even with all the 3DS friends I have that own the game, I've yet to see any of them have their gates open. Would it be silly to use the Idle Thumbs Steam group to message everyone to open their gates at a certain hour? :P