Not a surprise to some of you, but I'm a huge fan of the big black vastness that is space and all that it contains, and occasionally I stumble on cool stuff. I thought it'd be cool to have a place for that cool space related stuff

First cool thing. Not too long ago, NASA posted a tour of the ISS and I had to share it! So take the tour with Sunni Williams and be amazed!

MEANWHILE, ON MARS.

i669I.jpg

HI. Still actively taking pictures, I see! Ok, so they're mostly of rocks, but everything about this is amazing. (CLICK IT).

This is an old episode of NOVA Science NOW which probably none of you space-hating fiends have seen. They tackle several of the issues we'd have to deal with if we wanted to put human feet on martian soil. The dangers of radiation, better space suits, food, faster propulsion and the devastating effects of meteoroids and more. Yea, science!

Good. Ok. I'm done here for now, but there will undoubtedly be more. Yes?

I think that rad nebula gif needs to be sped up and put to some dubstep to really capture the true majesty.

HExFB.jpg

I have just discovered that astronauts had velcro stuck on the inside of their helmet so they could scratch their noses and some girls are bigger than others some girls are bigger than others some girls mothers are bigger than other gerhals mothers

Wasn't there an Amiga crime mystery game that took place on a small, cramped space station? SPACE MURDER or something?

Aha!

Rover drew what he imagines he looks like. Coloured pencils.

Every time I start getting comfortable with that Rover picture, and think about how many video games I've played on other planets, I remember that that thing is on actual Mars.

Every time I start getting comfortable with that Rover picture, and think about how many video games I've played on other planets, I remember that that thing is on actual Mars.

You don't know that, man. NASA is faking the Mars missions by sending rovers to the Moon and taking the photos with an Instagram filter.

OcOf9.jpg

It's my future view from my space apartment space balcony in space. I died of asphyxiation shortly after.

I found it very interesting that the NASA astronaut doing the tour revealed that the viewport of Earth was a very popular place to spend time. It's kind of romantic. Also, man, who decorated the ISS? It's damned ugly. They need an interior designer to go up there and sort things out.

Not that I imagine it would change the beliefs of 'Ancient Aliens' level of conspiracy theorists, but this guy produced a pretty interesting video looking at the moon hoax argument purely from a film production angle. He notes that as the generation shifts, people just don't realise how recent film production is, and how advanced the technology was in 1969. The ironic take-home is that faking a moon landing was probably way more difficult than just going to the moon.

My home page used to be Astrology Photo of the Day but changed at some point. This reminded me to change it back, so thanks for that!

Space nebulas are seriously stranger than fiction.

a39_hires.jpg

This "Planetary nebula" is just a fucking collossal bubble sittin around in space. Just when you think you've seen it all.

My home page used to be Astrology Photo of the Day but changed at some point. This reminded me to change it back, so thanks for that!

The first rule of astronomy is: You do not talk about astrology.