Sign in to follow this  
I_smell

Sick HD watch trailers

I guess this was a Related Videos thing, but I just found myself watching trailers for watches for the passed 20 minutes.

Oh what's that? You didn't think watches had trailers? My friend you are in for a treat.

I know one thing about watches now, and it's that this one is incredible. This is the "Tony Stark of Video games" of watches. This next one (please watch these all the way through by the way) more explores the origin story of the Bulgari Carillon Tourbillon Doctor 33,000, and presents it as an inspirational music video. You get to really experience the hero's journey and get a feel for how he came from nothing, and built himself into the watch he is today:

Our story begins at 6:00 am...

I think this next one is the evolution that stems out from the humble beginnings presented in Dr. 33,000.

I want to avoid spoilers, obviously, but... is anyone here a fan of the moon?

I always knew he'd make it in the end.

Now this is the last one I'll post, and somewhere in the middle of this is where I decided I need to share my new hobby (watch trailers, not the watches themselves) with someone, and I thought "Idle Thumbs would like this". It kind of picks up where our last story left off... and... there's so much to read into it, just letting your imagination run wild will bare much more fun interpretations than I could write down here myself.

Is it the ultimate watch trailer? It's my favourite I've found so far. Ladies and gentlemen "the XTREM-1":

Truly life-changing, I think, is the only descriptor that can fill these godlike boots.

So that's my adventure into watch trailers so far.

, but right now I just need to lie down.

I can only imagine being in like the time-piece community, and seeing the slow (or fast?) rise of the grandiose, extravagent watch trailer, and watching them get more and more ridiculous until you hit the XTREM-1, which is the ambrosia that taunts the hubris of mankind with infinite depths of godlike knowledge and wisdom. It must be hilariously embarrassing.

If you've got a promotional video of a dyson hoover that looks like the second coming of our lord and savior Jesus Christ, or if you feel like you wasted 3 hours watching Transformers 3 when you could've just watched a bunch o watch trailers back-to-back, then hey go nuts.

Thank you! Very enlightening. Marvellous pieces of human engineering and trailer making. Some damn ugly watches though, but I do understand a bit why one would like to own one. And yeah, really, watching those four trailers was a lot more fulfilling than enduring Transformers.

We're all laughing and having a good time here, but somewhere out there, there's a person masturbating furiously over the spinning gears and UNF the gyroscopic ball bearings orbiting our sun.

Regarding the Bvlgari Carillon Tourbillon Doctor 33,000, I don't think I would want gongs in my watch. The sound already irked me in the trailer, regardless of the 6 months of hand crafting it took to make. But look, there's an easier way to know the time than watches.

Have you seen the ad that character is based on, by the way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=XoVUs3v5sSk&hl=en-GB

Is it just me being unable to sleep, or does what he say make no sense?

Edit: Ah! He says "unsure if you have a claim" not "I'm sure"

You know, I just looked at their website and they seem like an awesome company. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation talking, but they operate totally free to the claimant - recuperating all costs from the companies they successfully sue, and never taking anything from the awarded damages. Gawdbless ya Real Life Butterfield.

Also, nice one for sharing that, I'd never seen it!

What I also like about it, AS I ONCE REMARKED TO JAMES SERAFINOWICZ, is that it looks very much like he's running a pie helpline, where he helps people who need all the pies eating.

AS I ONCE REMARKED TO JAMES SERAFINOWICZ

but, as my friend George Clooney once told me, you would never name-drop