toblix

The Moderating Team

I hacked to this secret page which reveals the 16 people with the power to moderate/administrate the forums. I know most of them, but some of them are unknown to me, like... mike? And why are there two Nicks?

I thought I was Mike but I'm not cool enough to be Mike.

I was surprised I was still able to register this username when I did! Also I beat you by six months, apparently.

What I find pleasing about the Thumbs forums is that it didn't even occur to me that there was a moderating team. Other forums seem to need a heavy handed approach to keeping the users in order. I can only assume that we are a bunch of nice people.

That's because when the mods ban someone, it's from life.

I've said too much.

Oh shit, Nick was actually Candlejack! I had my suspicions but the disappearance of Twig pro

What I find pleasing about the Thumbs forums is that it didn't even occur to me that there was a moderating team. Other forums seem to need a heavy handed approach to keeping the users in order. I can only assume that we are a bunch of nice people.

I think it's actually because when any arguments occur, they go on and on and on, until everyone just completely burns themselves out, and we have no choice but to get along. Kind of like real life, really.

I think it's actually because when any arguments occur, they go on and on and on, until everyone just completely burns themselves out, and we have no choice but to get along. Kind of like real life, really.

Hahaha.

... ;(

This is completely wrong, I can't believe you have this opinion. You obviously haven't done any research into this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idle_Thumbs#No_Arguments_Because_Everyone_Is_Lovely

The great thing around here is that each argument lives in its own bubble: it's very common for debate to get heated, but people don't burn bridges and in the rare occasion that a debate ends in bitterness, that sentiment seems to never be carried over to the next or concurrent ones.

The only sad part is when people patch up relationships by throwing Idle Thumbs meme at each other face lovingly. That's awkward.

Video Games, though.