Murdoc

Ouya: Ooooh Yeah!

I think it is probably rare for people to buy more than a couple of controllers, even game developers I know. I've known even non-game dev people who take them to each other's houses for stuff like FIFA though.

I'm a total anomaly along with other events people I know, because we all have sacks full of something or other. Wild Rumpus have a heap of DS3s and PSMoves. Sometimes I turn up to other peoples events with a bag of wired 360 pads, and they look so relieved :)

Remember how the Wii remote had 6kb of onboard memory so that when you brought it with you to your friend's house you also brought your Mii and your Smash Bros. settings?

I usually try to have two controllers on-hand per system for when I have friends over. The exceptions are Wii controllers, since they lasted two generations. I even got the Skyward Sword one and the gold nunchuk from Club Nintendo. Sadly I didn't get the Goldeneye Classic Controller Pro to match.

I need more local game-playing friends. I feel like any scenario where I play games with friends is when they come over and we just happen to play games rather than board games or go out to eat. Last time a friend was over, she just played some co-op Kirby's Epic Yarn with the wife while I sat around watching the whole time. Not nearly as cool as it could have been in this dreamworld where I actually buy 3+ controllers.