Lu 

The DayZ thread of TEAMWORK and STORIES

Weird stuff. I fired up DayZ after listening to Sean talk about it on the podcast to see if my character was wiped and actually my character was restored back to my characters 2 weeks ago when it was wiped after re-connecting to quickly sitting at the pump in Guglovo. Not complaining, saves me 40 minutes i would spending getting back but still super weird. 

This happened to me too, but in a slightly different way.

When I logged in last night, for the first time since the new patch was rolled out, I'd been mysteriously switched to a character I used to play as about a year ago in the mod version of the game. Totally confused - not to mention quite angry (my best character to date apparently wiped) - I logged out back to the main screen and had a poke around.

Then I remembered that they introduced character renaming in the latest update, and sure enough my character name had been changed on the main menu. Clicking on this and retyping my original Standalone character's name - which I think defaults to your Steam name when you first started playing Standalone - and then logging in again, my most recent character was back! Albeit with a few hours' regression in progress, like YoThatLimp describes.

Logging off and logging back in again to a few other servers had mixed results, though; sometimes I'd have my almost-up-to-date character and be in the right location again, other servers I'd be the same character but back on the beach as though I'd just spawned. I don't know what's causing this, but I suspect some public servers which seem to be running off the Hive are in fact not running off the Hive, and instead have their own character profile stores. (Or things could just be a bit fucked up still whilst the latest update rolls out properly.)

Bohemia are meant to be fiddling around with the Hive servers today, so I'm hoping whatever they're up to will bump character profiles back up to date properly.

Oh great! Now, I'll have to log in and have a look just to make sure my character is ready for tomorrow.

I relogged this evening and I've still got the same, slightly-out-of-time character from a couple of sessions ago (as described above).

Mmh have to check that. Had a shit load of batteries and headtorches for tonight, maybe its all gone now? Would kinda suck :D

Are we still meeting in Guglovo 3.5 hours from now? I may or may not need a light have not found one, and threw away my starter one! 

Are we still meeting in Guglovo 3.5 hours from now? I may or may not need a light have not found one, and threw away my starter one! 

Yes we are meeting up in Guglovo at the same time as always. Don't worry about the light, I've three headtorches and batteries. As long as my character doesn't revert again we should be fine.

I was lucky to have my character restore back to a few weeks ago, when I had a mosin with scope and bayonet attached. I just did a scavenge run this morning to gather more supplies. Few things I've noticed since the new patch:

• shotguns
  • hacksaws
  • military berets that look cool, but offer no head protection
  • radio transmitters, that can be used to communicate on a specific frequency
  • variable zombie models
  • spraypaint cans to paint your weapons
  • new soda cans: Pipsi, Spite, NotaCola and Rasputin Cola
  • fresh fruits seemed to spawn more often as opposed to rotten ones
  • weapon cleaning kits (apparently they are bugged and shouldn't be used on "pristine" weapons as that'll degrade them to "worn".
  • server browser now has column for time of day

So I've managed to gather up a good deal of supplies for our event later today. My backpack is completely full with extra junk that I can share with folks once we meetup. In fact, I have no space left in my inventory for food. So please help me get rid of this junk:

• bayonet attachment for M4
  • weapon flashlight for M4
  • 3 headtorches
  • 3 batteries
  • flashlight
  • handcuffs with keys
  • 2 weapon cleaning kits
  • 75% full green spraypaint can (I used it on my mosin and now I can blend in to the foliage with my camo pants, green helmet, green backpack and green vest).
  • Shitload of bandages
  • Ammo for mosin, revolver and pistol.

Yes we are meeting up in Guglovo at the same time as always. Don't worry about the light, I've three headtorches and batteries. As long as my character doesn't revert again we should be fine.

I was lucky to have my character restore back to a few weeks ago, when I had a mosin with scope and bayonet attached. I just did a scavenge run this morning to gather more supplies. Few things I've noticed since the new patch:

• shotguns
  • hacksaws
  • military berets that look cool, but offer no head protection
  • radio transmitters, that can be used to communicate on a specific frequency
  • variable zombie models
  • spraypaint cans to paint your weapons
  • new soda cans: Pipsi, Spite, NotaCola and Rasputin Cola
  • fresh fruits seemed to spawn more often as opposed to rotten ones
  • weapon cleaning kits (apparently they are bugged and shouldn't be used on "pristine" weapons as that'll degrade them to "worn".
  • server browser now has column for time of day

So I've managed to gather up a good deal of supplies for our event later today. My backpack is completely full with extra junk that I can share with folks once we meetup. In fact, I have no space left in my inventory for food. So please help me get rid of this junk:

• bayonet attachment for M4
  • weapon flashlight for M4
  • 3 headtorches
  • 3 batteries
  • flashlight
  • handcuffs with keys
  • 2 weapon cleaning kits
  • 75% full green spraypaint can (I used it on my mosin and now I can blend in to the foliage with my camo pants, green helmet, green backpack and green vest).
  • Shitload of bandages
  • Ammo for mosin, revolver and pistol.

Nice! Did not read the last set of patch notes, the addition of that new stuff sounds awesome. Excited to see a shotgun at some point. 

Nice! Did not read the last set of patch notes, the addition of that new stuff sounds awesome. Excited to see a shotgun at some point. 

Most exciting, you can use a hacksaw on a shotgun… BOOM!

Played an exciting and eventful long session with Plyem and YoThatLimp. For what I believe is the first time in weeks that we've played now, we actually encountered other players. More than just once. Of course it being DayZ, those assholes opened fire on sight and killed two of us. But still Plyem was able to exact revenge and loot gear off of them while still under the influence of blood loss.

We eventually decided to join up with Vanaman, who was apparently in Elektro on another server. Unfortunately on our way along the coast in one of the towns, YoThatLimp was killed by another player who shot him on sight. I managed to loot some gear off YoThatLimp. But couldn't for whatever odd reason, seem to even locate the body of our mysterious murderer. Lost some good stuff to the server due to some odd bug. Anyway, after about 4 hours of DayZ we called it a night.

On a sidenote, they really need to fix the item trading system. Items disappearing when dropped just gets super annoying after a while. Why can't we have a simple "hand item to..." function? If you can give someone blood or saline or even force feed them food and water, why not have the ability to give them other items as well? Seems reasonable enough to me, but then again I'm no game developer/designer/programmer.

Good session dudes! Will try to gather some supplies for next weekend. 

After being gun downed by the dick in Zelenogorsk I spawned in Solnichniy and met up with Vanaman. We headed down to Electro  and met a few dudes along the way but that is about it. Might wipe this character as I haven't found much. I really hate the coast.

On a sidenote, they really need to fix the item trading system. Items disappearing when dropped just gets super annoying after a while. Why can't we have a simple "hand item to..." function? If you can give someone blood or saline or even force feed them food and water, why not have the ability to give them other items as well? Seems reasonable enough to me, but then again I'm no game developer/designer/programmer.

There's currently a bug in the game where stuff drops through the floor if you're upstairs in some buildings. You should be able to find it in the room/space directly below where you dropped it after a moment or two though.

With regards to putting stuff on the ground for other people, the only problem I've experienced after ~20hrs of co-op Standalone is the lag between you putting something down, the server registering that in the world, and then it pushing that info back out to other clients (player) in your locality. This only takes a few seconds from experience, and we've yet to lose anything this way from the sessions I've played to date.

So it's quite possible that you've walked off and left little presents everywhere for other players without realising it! :D

...or maybe this is a new bug that's just been introduced this week by the latest patch?  :(

When's the next time you guys are playing? It would be cool to play with a group of people that know the game. I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing but it seems fun so far.

I would love to hit a full server and go to airfields and explore dangerous places with you guys. There are other groups of guys I play with and they're fun, but in prime time we end up with groups of over 10+ and then people want to go to the coast and feed bambis disinfectant, and that's not what I really want out of the game.

So last weekend was probably my last time I will be able to attend this weekly thing (I work third shift and it starts at 1pm CST), but if you guys ever see me online and want to play, shoot me a message. You guys are awesome! I might join you guys if I get up early enough on Saturday. 

So is there a time in particular you all meet up each weekend? New on the forums but looking for some guys to team up with so I dont just get shot in the first hour again haha. 

I have only put in about 9 hours but thats due to being alone and easily defeated 

friend me up please 

Hey thinkklinck we play each saturday at around 8pm GMT. We meet at Guglovo. If your able please move your character towards Guglovo before we start.

You can check all the info in the steamgroup http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dayzthumbs You may want to join to group it makes joining us in game a lot easier.

Too bad you wont be able to make it YoThatLimp, in the future we could consider switching days.

Hey thinkklinck we play each saturday at around 8pm GMT. We meet at Guglovo. If your able please move your character towards Guglovo before we start.

You can check all the info in the steamgroup http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dayzthumbs You may want to join to group it makes joining us in game a lot easier.

Too bad you wont be able to make it YoThatLimp, in the future we could consider switching days.

No worries dude, I know you guys tend to play fairly late so I can always meet up with you later. Still have to get out of Electro alive, have been busy with school this week hah.

We'll I just got the alpha on steam and would love to find some people to run around with. Feel free to add me on steam for some zombie mashing shenanigans (profile name is the same as on here).

No worries, a friend I dont get to talk to often asked if I would double down on some dota this evening to get a bit better. AKA not lose every game we play haha