BigJKO

Awesomenauts

Everything I knew about the game was based on one or two screenshots I had seen.  Haven't read any of the early posts in this thread.  I thought it was a side scrolling shooter, like Metal Slug.  Played it for 5 minutes.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered it had space Lords in it.

I've been kind of hesitant to try it since Dota is my LoMa of choice, and I know how brutal PvP LoMas can be on beginners, but I think I'll have to give it a go, just to see how the 2D aspect affects things.

Fired this up on a whim, and this is wayyyyy more low-intensity than the other LoMas. Very relaxed, charming graphics and amusing hero design. That said, given that I don't like platforming, it's not really for me. 

This game is great! I've been trying to get my group of friends to play DOTA or LoL but they are pretty partisan about one or the other so it can be difficult to get a team together, but it is easy to get everyone together to play 3v3 for this!

I love Awesomenauts. Every once in a while, I forget that I ran into lag-issues, so I start playing again. Then I have a great time for a few days, run into problems where I get dropped from games and the cycle repeats. I think it must be the specific combination of my internet-provider and something about Awesomenauts net-code. You've inspired me to try it again. It's a great game.