The Killstar

Idle Thumbs Motorcycle Club

She's almost ready. Just hoping the back tire will make it!

You appear to have run over a poor, defenseless soft toy.

I want you to know that I have been shackled to a desk working on a stupid stupid video game and seeing motorcycle trip photos makes me want to jump through a window.

I was looking at the SF Bay bridge toll lists and... motorcycles are charged the same toll as cars? What the heck? They're much smaller and use less of the bridge!

Wow, really, they get charged significantly less on most of the toll roads out here. Though I think the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel still reams us. I was thinking of heading out to the eastern shore sometime, but the 30 dollar round trip deterred me.

Also, Sean, the people at the lake had three THREE of these badboys laying around and wouldn't give me one. I am desperate for an old Honda.

Wow, really, they get charged significantly less on most of the toll roads out here. Though I think the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel still reams us. I was thinking of heading out to the eastern shore sometime, but the 30 dollar round trip deterred me.

Also, Sean, the people at the lake had three THREE of these badboys laying around and wouldn't give me one. I am desperate for an old Honda.

Those monsters.

And yes, Bay Area bridges all charge motos the same, which is a drag. That being said, I rarely commute on the bike as the weather coming over the Golden Gate can really take a turn sometimes and you just don't want to deal with it.

I wonder how a riding a motorcycle would work in the Finnish winter. I'm guessing it doesn't.

It'd be fine with some snow chains on it ¬¬

Not.

I had a CBT (British mandatory test to ride nothing bigger than a 125, with L plates), but it was so long ago now that I'd need to take it again before I could take lessons. I've ridden pillion at 150mph, which was… interesting. The vibration was so much and things whipping by so fast that the world kind of started to look like this.

Every time I see new stuff in this thread I feel intensely jealous, and really want a motorbike.

It wasn't really the surface I was wondering about, it was how one would dress for extended periods in -20 to -30 degrees Celsius and whatever the windchill is at 100 km/h. :P

It wasn't really the surface I was wondering about, it was how one would dress for extended periods in -20 to -30 degrees Celsius and whatever the windchill is at 100 km/h. :P

AH, well that I don't have a good answer for you. I rode my bike all winter (had to, no car) and while Norfolk, VA is a FAR cry from Finland, it got pretty cold a couple of days. There's pretty good heated gear on the market that can supposedly keep you riding as long as you have traction. My problem wasn't so much cold, as it was the visor on my full-face fogged up if I breathed at all. Which was a problem, if you can imagine.

With temperatures that low you'd probably have to worry about the bike even starting. Even a fuel injected bike would have a hard time starting with those temperatures.

Vanaman mentioning this on the cast today reminded me that I doodled something at some point way back when.

I thought it was hilarious you'd call yourselves The Shitty Wizards and wanted to see some patches to go on badass leather biker jackets.

xo1q85.jpg

I like the bottom left one a lot! I can't decide if a sweet stylized wizard in a round field would be sweet or if a terrible old Bandits style design would work.

PS. Squid and I are transplanted Kansans living in Virginia, but we were IN Canada. I got super excited at the IdleThumbsMC mention!

Yeah I don't think I ever posted it on the forums, but I'd like to thank AteBitGeneral for his help on the trip. We were going to hit Ottawa, but for some reason everything around it was booked so we went on by. Regardless, he was a huge help planning our theoretical stop over there.

Needless to say, if anyone ever needs a place to stay just outside of Washington DC, let me know and I have a couch you can sleep on at the very least.

I like the bottom left one a lot! I can't decide if a sweet stylized wizard in a round field would be sweet or if a terrible old Bandits style design would work.

PS. Squid and I are transplanted Kansans living in Virginia, but we were IN Canada. I got super excited at the IdleThumbsMC mention!

Agreed! I'm thinking a Shitty Wizards patch could be pretty damn great.