The Killstar

Idle Thumbs Motorcycle Club

Any motorcycle riders out there (I know there are a couple) that want to talk about bikes?

Squid Division and I are gearing up for a week up through eastern Canada. I can't wait.

563017_10150847904555761_569740760_12037417_1830690529_n.jpg

I tried to imagine an Idle Thumbs outlaw biker gang ("The Shitty Wizards") and giggled for so long that I hyperventilated.

One of the motorcycles has a beatbox in the front blaring 'Space Asshole'.

I'm not into motorcycles at all, but some of my family are so I've plenty of familiarity with it. Good luck in Canada!

I tried to imagine an Idle Thumbs outlaw biker gang ("The Shitty Wizards") and giggled for so long that I hyperventilated.

HAHA, Shitty Wizards would be excellent. I'm kinda partial to Killer Gordon Freemans.

OH MAN I AM HERE AND WILL ALWAYS BE HERE

I think this should definitely be the web's home for rad geek motorcycle talk.

Moto photo forthcoming.

Can I just get one of those tiny motorized bikes for kids? Purely for comedic purposes, because I'm a large dude.

Only if you dress like a wizard and are terrible at magicks.

I will totally go all rip taylor and throw confetti at people while whispering arcane incantations.

What do you guys ride?

I am flossing a 1984 Honda Ascot VT500.

Looks like a Bonneville up there?

Squid Division and I are gearing up for a week up through eastern Canada. I can't wait.

Oh man. When we were driving across BC the other spring we were talking about getting a Harley each (or A.N. Other) and doing the same trip (yet to materialise). It would be magnificent. I hope you have a great time.

At the time, there seemed to be a *lot* of bikers (looked like gangs) on the road, all converging on Kelowna. Assumed there was some kind of AGM.

I've thought about getting a Vespa, but "fat girl on a scooter" is such a ready-to-deploy punchline.

We both ride 2010 Bonnies. His is all blacked out and mine is the weird tuxedo color.

I'll get some pictures up when I'm not at work.

This is the thread we three convince everyone else to get bikes.

This is how I imagine the Idle Thumbs bike gang

ddi99d.jpg

(Simpsons season 11 episode 8)

I'm in the process (slooooow process, probably won't be til fall) of tracking down a bike for longer rides. I have a buddy who has a Ducati Gt 1000 SportClassic which is a fantastic bike but hard to find and pricey. Thinking about maybe a Bonnie or an older BMW (70's toaster tank). Seeing your bike all loaded up for a big trip makes me want to do it NOW though :D

I was SERIOUSLY looking at a GT1000 before I got the bonnie, but I couldn't find one anywhere.

I'm searching for a smaller bike to turn into a desert sled. I am pretty desperate to do this...

POSTEROK72.jpg

I was SERIOUSLY looking at a GT1000 before I got the bonnie, but I couldn't find one anywhere.

I'm searching for a smaller bike to turn into a desert sled. I am pretty desperate to do this...

POSTEROK72.jpg

That is awesome. My buddy and I just finished tuning up his Yamaha RD400 ('72 I think?) and it is a fun 2-stroke. They don't make anything like it anymore, obviously, and seems like it would be a worthy candidate if you could find one that needed a little love.

That is awesome. My buddy and I just finished tuning up his Yamaha RD400 ('72 I think?) and it is a fun 2-stroke. They don't make anything like it anymore, obviously, and seems like it would be a worthy candidate if you could find one that needed a little love.

Although reading that flyer it seems like these dudes are way classier than that ;) Pay no mind. This is some straight up Lawrence of Arabia shit.

Although reading that flyer it seems like these dudes are way classier than that ;) Pay no mind. This is some straight up Lawrence of Arabia shit.

Yeah, its the worst junk mail ever.

"You SURE you don't want to drop a couple grand to come and ride in Morroco? Here's the roadbook... camping in the desert... following the old Dakar route... okaaaay."