Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Old-ass Thumbs

I put some jpegs up, of an old never-completed Thumbs redesign which Doug and I were working on in or around 2007 late 2005*, for the editorial based site, well pre-podcast era.

You can take a look here if curious: http://www.meltwizard.com/stuff/thumbs/

This stuff is probably of interest to nobody, but if there's anywhere where anyone will recognize any of this shit, it's here. Enjoy... or don't.

* holy shit time flies.

Edited by Jake

That advertising article embarrasses the fuck out of me! There, it's out there! :violin:

Otherwise, good to see wonky blasts from the past(s). I miss fact of the day, specifically I miss Alexey Pajitnov's dolphin electroshock therapy game.

That advertising article embarrasses the fuck out of me! There, it's out there! :violin:

A lot of old Thumbs is embarrassing but what can you do? (Answer: dredge it up from time to time and wallow in it.)

"Old Ass-Thumbs"

So there will be goatses, I assume?

Someday Jake will do something and not apologize, call it dumb, wonder if anyone cares, or throw in a "whatever" or four. I often want to give you a thumbs-up for moral support. Here. Take it. Take three. :tup::tup::tup:

There's a lot of good stuff there. This especially.

This, however, is broken. Or super minimalist. Not sure.

This, however, is broken. Or super minimalist. Not sure.

HTTP 418: Riddick Missing

Someday Jake will do something and not apologize, call it dumb, wonder if anyone cares, or throw in a "whatever" or four. I often want to give you a thumbs-up for moral support. Here. Take it. Take three. :tup::tup::tup:

There's a lot of good stuff there. This especially.

http://www.meltwizard.com/stuff/thumbs/forums2/

Also: Riddick enabled.

Edited by Jake

Oh come on... you don't know that?

it's clearly Tony Tough 2: http://www.tony-tough.com/

j/k, I extracted the screenshot and used google image search (you can search using an image)

That game was probably at the top of adventuregamers.com at the time for easy image stealing. SOPA

j/k, I extracted the screenshot and used google image search (you can search using an image)

I keep forgetting to try that. How does it compare to TinEye?

Wow, why didn't I think of that? (I knew about this feature but haven't used it except once to see if it works)

I keep forgetting to try that. How does it compare to TinEye?

Google has a better index. From what I tried they both search on colors and don't try to perform feature extraction.

I tried a screenshot form a scanned magazine image of LBA2, and google returned a correct result, but tineye didn't. Using google's result in tineye did give a result.