Scrobbs

PS Vita

That's the main reason I'm buying it soon too, well that and it would be nice to have for my Easter Holiday trip.

I'm pretty sure they at least hoped some people would say "Well, I might as well buy a Vita since I have so many Vita games."

What was the original Vita price? I can't remember... I can get the bare bones version for 200€ or bundles for about 40€ more. I checked the forums to see if anybody mentioned the price and noticed that I said that I expected some other company to make cheaper version of them, I guess I was wrong. Maybe it's still too soon or maybe their aren't that many Vitas out there for it to be profitable yet?

Anyway, I think 200€ for the bare version (with a 4G memory card) seems good and I highly doubt it will drop further anytime soon.

EDIT: I just noticed that the 200€ is for the webstore only. It seems I can order it online and it pick at the store anyway?

EDIT'S EDIT: I can't find the bundle with ACIII except.. used with warranty? I guess that mean the warranty is from the store and not Sony, right? Does anybody think it's a good idea?

I'm still strongly considering getting a Vita, but it almost feels like a waste considering that I largely just want to play Persona 4 and Muramasa, games that I already own.

There's always Gravity Rush and Tearaway, I guess.

Increase your backlog by 200+, instantly. Seriously. So many games. I end up buying something every Tuesday and its hard enough staying caught up on the PC. It's also great to have something to watch Netflix on while laying in bed.

Well, I should be ordering my Vita next week, I'm glad I did some more last minute research, because I found a 32G Memory Card for 70€, which definitely beats the 50€ 16G deal that comes with a 15€ game.

I'm probably going to need it since I've been downloading all PSV compatible content I have and it's ridiculous... I've been downloading them non-stop for over 12 hours! I guess a Vita is justified after all! XD

It's strange to see that Vita has "unofficially" had a price reduction, because most online retailed have it at the reduced 200€ price, but stores still sell it for full price.

Hmm, I think the price reduction is official in Europe, I went to the game store to sell some games and get PS Battle Royale, but I noticed the had the Vita at the same price as online AND they had the ACIII bundle...

The problem is... It's a voucher code and it takes up the whole 4G memory card, I already ordered the bigger one I found cheap online and I've only been messing with it...

The "Welcome Park" is a cute way to introduce people new to these mechanics and man, the silly tilt game's bouncing marbles looked gorgeous, I can't wait to try something else.

In a way it feels like it's trying to be 3DS badly, but subtly enough? I was going to try ACIII, but I used a voucher for the AR games which take up more memory than they should, so I'll play them a little, delete them and then ACIII.

Geez, the Vita news has been awesome, we're getting the Walking Dead, Thomas Was Alone, Lone Surivivor, Epic Mickey 2, FF X HD, Machinarium, Guacamelee... 

Played some Guacamelee on mine tonight. It's pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan of the d-pad for this one, but the Vita's stick is a bit too tiny for the precision that would be necessary. Still good! It Thomas Was Alone going to be cross-buy as well? I really like that trend a lot. Bought Guacamelee for the PS3, and then decided that I'd rather play it in bed. Surprise! I can!

I'm not sure, but it seems that all "download only" games that exists for PS3 and Vita seems to be be crossbuy? I can't think of any that aren't.

I was wondering how good the Lego games would look on the Vita only to find out there are DS ports... Seriously? Such a shame.

I can't wait for the Vanillaware games to come to Vita, they are going to look so PURDY! :3

I feel like I'm almost surely going to get one of these once Spelunky hits. I love that game on my Xbox, I feel like it'd be the perfect game to have at all times whether its to do a few runs on my lunch break, play while watching TV, or whatever. Plus, I've seen them regularly popping up for $150 on Amazon and Cowboom so it seems like a no-brainer. Biggest cost will be the stupid memory card.

Ys: Memories of Celceta comes out in September.

The only Vita game i want to play.

Man, I can't wait to play another Ys game, it was the PSP games that got me into the series! 

Me too, i was really taken with them, they're fantastically snappy action RPGs.

A few of the Ys games are on Steam too now, I'd recommend Oath in Felghana to just about anybody. (Particularly to people with a fondness for the post-SotN Castlevanias.)

Welp, Amazon deal killed me. Got a Vita 3G/Wi-Fi with a 8GB memory card for $130. Simply could not resist at that price. Luckily I have a backlog of games from PS+ that means I won't spend any more hard earned money on that platform for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I'm still working through my PS+ Vita freebies. Still have to get to Uncharted, and only about 75% through Gravity Rush (which is really good!). If Mutant Blobs Attack is still free, get it immediately. It's a great little platformer that actually uses the system's features intelligently. Since Guacamelee came out on Tuesday, I've been playing through that as well. It's very reference-heavy, and a bunch of the humour is falling flat for me, but the art and gameplay are awesome and pulling me through. Overall, :tup:. Drinkbox is making some great stuff.

Is Guacamelee good on Vita rather than PS3? Most of the reviews I've read were of people playing it on there, but my backlog is big enough that I wouldn't want to add that to it. PS+ has a discount on it but I think it's only for a week.

It is indeed. I've been switching back and forth but I've put more time in on the Vita version (you know that buying it gets you both versions anyway, yes?), it doesn't lose anything on the smaller screen.

Yeah, my only complaint about the Vita version is that the analogue stick is small enough that there's some frustration with the sensing of directions for special attacks. Haven't tried my PS3 copy yet, as with the cross-buy I just decided to download the Vita version and play in bed while my girlfriend is falling asleep, so I don't know about "rather than". On Vita, it's plenty of fun though. I'm having a really good time with it.

I'm just concerned about the Vita end of the cross-buy being an afterthought, but if the game doesn't really feel like it (since it seems like the actual hardware is the only problem, from what you said) then I won't mind picking it up.

Some of the games that are crossbuy seem to look better on the Vita simply because of the resolution and the OLED screen, you no longer see the "jaggies"? I think that's the term.

So, got my Vita yesterday and spent a little bit of time with it. The screen is great as everyone says, but the fact that it's OLED is readily apparent at every transition when the full black screen is ridiculously bright. Also, I'm not really sure how to comfortably hold the device; more than any other handheld, I feel like I'm using the super-not-ergonomic "claw grip".

The OS is surprisingly touch-based. I kind of expected it to be a weird middle ground UI like that of the 3DS, where you really can and probably prefer using the physical controls and the touchscreen is just another option with situationally more precision. Not so with the Vita, which seems to make the physical controls all but defuct until you hop into a game. I like it. That said, I don't find the UI all that intuitive, the way you transition between apps is a little odd and doesn't map 1:1 with any other touchscreen OS I can think of. Not anything I can't get used to, obviously.

Started playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus this morning... it's Ninja Gaiden. I imagine it's not the best way to start off with the system, but it's one of the biggest (storage-wise) games I have in my PSV backlog so I figured I'd go with it first. The graphics are pretty remarkable for a handheld device, I can only imagine this thing being really impressive when devs gets particularly ambitious and have a bit more experience with the platform. The controls are very nice - I'm kind of glad that there seem to be no first-person shooter games that are universally agreed upon to be good for the platform - it's almost the only application where I feel like the precision needed would outstrip the tiny control mechanisms. I'm eager to check out Guacamelee for this reason, seeing as miffy said that the controls were a bit of a problem for him.

Anyways, just had a few hours with it but I'm feeling no regret whatsoever buying it. Well, except now I want to buy PSV games. Persona 4 Golden just went up for $30 on Amazon and I feel like I'm dying not buying it. Seriously, I have no need for another RPG in my backlog.  :devil:

I don't like all that touching the OS makes you do, you can enable the hardware controls for it under Settings -> System -> Control with buttons if you like.

Oh, I had no idea you could do that...

Man, Guacamelee is awesome so far, but like Miffy said it's very reference heavy, but the referential humor from Drinkbox has improved since Mutant Blobs and it's not as ridiculously in your face.

I am at the last level of Guacamelee, but have now sidetracked myself by going back and trying to make every icon on the map gold (read: you collected everything here). In doing so, I've found two pieces of some mysterious luchador mask that seems to be the ultimate hidden collectible. These come at the end of ridiculously hard platforming bits and/or long protracted fights (one is the reward for getting through the hardest division of Santa Luchita's underground fighting cavern, one for finding some hidden unmappable and crazy difficult section of a level I won't reveal to keep from spoiling stuff) and I'm hoping that if I bother to find everything it will actually be worth it. I guess we'll see. I'm going full-on collectathon here. As for the controls, the only time it's really slowing me down was when I was finishing the combo chicken sidequest, as that dude had you doing some ridiculously precise stuff on a tiny analogue stick. That said, I still got it done.

Welp, Amazon deal killed me. Got a Vita 3G/Wi-Fi with a 8GB memory card for $130. Simply could not resist at that price. Luckily I have a backlog of games from PS+ that means I won't spend any more hard earned money on that platform for the foreseeable future.

Is this $130 a typo?  I haven't seen it dip down that far anywhere.

Is this $130 a typo?  I haven't seen it dip down that far anywhere.

Nope. Amazon Warehouse deals has had some seriously crazy deals on used stuff lately. If you're interested in similar deals, I'd keep an eye on the Warehouse Deals thread on Cheap Ass Gamer. Just this week I've gotten Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition (New) for $19, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Like New) with music CD for $23, and Killzone 2 (Like New) for $1.72.

The "Acceptable" condition Vita I got had a slightly beat-up box and one point that was worn on the Vita near the power port that almost certainly was from the previous owner just missing the port every now and then. Very slick deal.