Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Holiday giveaway of 2011

Ok, so I offered the games to my coworkers as well and some more are now taken. I don't really expect any more requests here, but I'm keeping the list up to date anyway, just in case.

Ok, so I offered the games to my coworkers as well and some more are now taken. I don't really expect any more requests here, but I'm keeping the list up to date anyway, just in case.

I just noticed Gemini Rue -- is it taken?

Haha, you have Die by the Sword on there, I just noticed! That's amazing! I bought that like 10 years ago. Recently discovered that it is actually a Treyarch game. It's also kind of shitty, from what I remember.

I just noticed Gemini Rue -- is it taken?

Not if it's not crossed out -- which it isn't :)

Haha, you have Die by the Sword on there, I just noticed! That's amazing! I bought that like 10 years ago. Recently discovered that it is actually a Treyarch game. It's also kind of shitty, from what I remember.

Yeah, it's probably the worst game on that list.

I'd be interested in Brütal Legend, if it's still available.

In return I can offer up a Homefront neckerchief and a Drawn To Life pencil and notepad.

It's pretty shocking no one was interested in Brütal Legend, but most likely everyone here already had it. It was certainly a unique experience in gaming a few years back, even if it wasn't Schafer's finest.

Reminder to anyone who wants one of the games: PM (Private Message) me your name and address and the game you want. You don't have to do anything else.

When I receive the PM, I will cross that game out and then it's no longer available. Of course, you can also let me know what game you want here and just PM me the address.

Edited by Erkki

Yeah, it's probably the worst game on that list.

I was kind of interested in the free sword control thing in Die by the Sword way back when it came out. The demo ran like shit on my computer. It seemed like the best strategy was to run around swinging your sword around above your head.

True story.

I think I remember the manual stating that the preferred way of playing was with a joystick for the sword movement, which I hooked up. Didn't help much. That and for some reason I can remember only caves.

The demo level was a cave with a lava pit and a bridge over it. The enemies were skeletons and pig men. I controlled the sword by wildly flailing around with my mouse. For one bit I was dangling upside-down and everything was thoroughly disorientating. Sometimes one of my legs would get chopped off and I'd hop around for the rest of the match. If I won, I wondered how hollow the victory would feel for the protagonist. He was, after all, minus a leg, and probably going to bleed to death.

Much appreciated, Erkki! He's a shitty picture I took as soon as I got the package last night.

IMG_20111127_133118-1.jpg

He's a shitty picture

Oh, he's not that bad. Even looks a little like your avatar!

Much appreciated, Erkki! He's a shitty picture I took as soon as I got the package last night.

You're welcome! I'm actually suprised how short the delivery was. When I order something from the US it usually comes in 3-4 weeks.

:scary::scary::scary::scary::scary::scary::scary:

Oh god did you mean to do this?!

I too, received my Erkki-mail today! Unfortunately, Call of Cthulhu seems to have some hangups with Windows 7, but I think I've found a fix.

Thanks again, Erkki.

I couldn't handle another beaming face in this thread...

attachment.php?attachmentid=767&stc=1&d=1323001202

Clicky:

Much appreciated and many thanks, Mr Erkki! Merry Christmas to you!

post-94-13375603473066_thumb.jpg

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Thanks to JonCole for sending me his digital gift copy of Arkham City! And to Kroms' friend for Blocks That Matter and Winterbottom!

attachment.php?attachmentid=769&stc=1&d=1323108987

post-74-13375603473548_thumb.jpg

Hey Erkki,

First thing: Great initiative, very cool sentiment (even if I'm too late)! Speaking of 'too late': Are you still willing to send games, even long after christmas? If so, I'd be interested in Tomb Raider: Underworld (it is not the very terrible one, no?) and Assassin's Creed.

(Maybe I could move your list and name to the other thread, but maybe you don't want that, with sending stuff actually costing money.)

IT'S STILL CHRISTMAS

OK, I just have two gamey things to give away. The first is ZORK: GRAND INQUISITOR on CD-ROM. The game is pretty classy and funny and features Dirk Benedict in an Indiana Jones spoof. The second thing is the official soundtrack of Super Mario Galaxy on CD. The one you could redeem through the Club Nintendo program. The game's music is really awesome.

So, if anyone is interested, lemme know and I'll send it to you.

Hey Erkki,

First thing: Great initiative, very cool sentiment (even if I'm too late)! Speaking of 'too late': Are you still willing to send games, even long after christmas? If so, I'd be interested in Tomb Raider: Underworld (it is not the very terrible one, no?) and Assassin's Creed.

Sure. The PC Assassin's Creed? Still available, as well as TR: Underworld.