Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

Jupiter's Folly

Rather than try to explain it myself, this might help: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/31/jupiters-folly-free-to-play-multiplayer-strategy-from-the-makers-of-neptunes-pride/

Is anyone interested in trying a game? I've made attempts at the other two Iron Helmet games in the past but I think it only works with people you at least somewhat know and have some shred of both intelligence and decency (betrayal isn't betrayal if you're all assholes all the time).

May not meet your standards, but I'm in. I love ironhelm games, especially if they involve aliens.

I liked the idea of Blight, but never really got into it like I did Neptune. Hoping this is the bridge or something completely new and awesome.

I would be in to finally give an Ironhelmet game a full go. I dropped out of the Thumbs NP game because of issues, and just utterly stopped caring about that BotI game, so I need to untarnish my track record and then retarnish it by killing all ya'll fools.

I'm halfway through my first game so far. I never played Blight but from what I've heard this one is a bit like both the previous games. Not sure about the card system so far - some cards are obviously more essential and completely outrank similar cards. Games seem to last about a fortnight, which is quicker than most NP games. Yet so far, the gameplay has been a lot more slower paced, and not much input is really needed except for around payday.

Also, public games seem to start as soon as one/two people join, giving these an economic lead that's hard to overcome if you join later.

Maybe I'm nitpicking! The tutorial was pretty fun, and I'd be up for some games with thumbs.

I'd be up for joining in on this. Can't promise much in the way of intelligence but I'd say I'm decent enough. :)

With regards to the previous Iron Helmet games, I clicked more with Blight than Neptune and was disappointed that Blight never really progressed as much as it promised to. This new game and this interview on RPS explain the reason for that but I do hope they go back to Blight as suggested.

Played a singleplayer game last night which allows you to fast forward 4 hours just to go through it... which is a cool option.

I like it, I dont think it will hook me as much as Neptune did and from what I remember about Blight, this feels pretty similiar, only in space.

I liked the card game aspect to it, but it seemed like there were only 3-4 cards I'd actually use, so more variety and useful ones would be cool. The dice rolling aspect of it seems cool and I still dont understand capturing new territory when it has a number like 7:4... might have to do with why some mines produce faster, I dunno.

I assume payment is the same as Neptune in this: does anyone have credits? If not, I'm willing to buy in and start it up.

Is everyone waiting for Murdoc to start a game? I also don't mind sorting it out though so if people are still up for this, I'll set one up when I get a chance this evening (UK time).

Will post in here the moment it's ready.

Yeah I didn't know what was up, but I'll start one up tonight, excited to try this with people.

The biggest let down so far is that doesn't randomly assign an avatar like in Neptune's.

Okay, made an 8 player game, maybe we can start without the other person or anyone else, just join in! Pretty much everything standard.

http://jf.ironhelmet.com/game/366723

secret word: games

edit; GAHHH, it started; I dont like that at all. Wont make a move until a few more ppl are here... not sure if it makes a difference.

Edited by Murdoc

I have to wonder if they will eventually have some kind of long-form strategy game for every Roman god/planet.

I have to wonder if they will eventually have some kind of long-form strategy game for every Roman god/planet.

I hope so and they all somehow affect each other for one mega meta game.

Jesus fucking christ. How am I supposed to deal with 200 aliens with my troops that are not nearly as effective as any of them and I only have a hundred scattered around. Gonna die.

That doesn't sound good.... run? that's what I've been doing and it isn't anywhere near 200 critters.

I just changed the avatar in my profile but it doesn't seem to have updated in game which is a shame. We'll just have to be twins Gward, separated at birth.

I just changed the avatar in my profile but it doesn't seem to have updated in game which is a shame. We'll just have to be twins Gward, separated at birth.

Like Romulus and Remus! Wait... they killed each other.

Like Romulus and Remus!

...shit.

Sorry for double post (do we care about that sort of thing here? I've never been sure) but I just discovered a feature that others may also not have known about - requesting peace!

If you have $100, you can officially request a peace treaty with another player will will apparently allow your units to occupy the same space without fighting and that kind of thing until war is declared again.

This sounds like a really cool thing to be in, but due to certain restraints, at the moment it's just not a possibility for me to join. I'd love to give it a bash someday though.