Sign in to follow this  
elmuerte

Swindle

Never played a game by them, though I am aware of their existence, but I just wanted to say I really like the look they went for here.

Glad to see a polished looking indy game that isn't in shadow, a retro throwback, or complete garbage.

Actually looks quite similar to Privates (which I'm basing on nothing but the screenshots. I'll probably eat those words after reading the ones on the linked page), which was fun and had a nice art style, so I'm down with that.

Ive never seen that game before, miffy, it looks cool too, so erm, less credit to Swindle now, hehehe.

Equal amount of credit to Swindle, I think, since the same people made it.

EDIT: Also: BEN! GET TO POSTING! WE NEED DETAILS, MAN! DETAILS!

You guys always beat me to posting this stuff!

I think you've caught up with pretty much all the details I know, though, from the press release.

Just to confirm: I AM NOT INVOLVED IN THIS PROJECT. I'm not a permanent Size 5 employee, I just co-designed the Dan and Ben games (and did "additional design" on Gibbage). Perhaps if everyone buys The Swindle then Dan will be able to hire me permanently to ride around his huge new production offices on an electric micro-scooter shouting nob jokes out.

However, being Dan's best mate and closely affiliated with Size Five, I can tell you that it looks gorgeous in motion and should be great fun. Oh, and yeah, it looks similar to Privates because that game was based closely on Dan's concept art and Dan's doing the art himself on The Swindle.

[EDIT: official Swindle thread]

it has only been on RPS, Gamasutra, local news papers, everywhere

Well, I didn't say it was difficult to beat me to it...