Sign in to follow this  
Sno

Idle Forums Game Club - Killer 7 edition

Are you using the lock-on? (B-button for nearest target, d-pad to cycle through multiple targets.) As long as there is a possible line of sight the lock-on will orient you to your enemy, then you can then fine-tune your aim with the analog stick. It's a big part of being able to react quickly and have more time to aim carefully.

TOBLIX! WHY CAN'T YOU BUY THIS GAME FROM THE INTERNET EXACTLY?

I mean there's copies on Amazon UK for like 10 pounds, since you probably need a PAL copy.

Also stop going away.

Agh, don't get my hopes up. I went to check Amazon UK and at the moment the cheapest Killer 7 GC PAL I could find was 35 pounds without shipping costs included...

I've never seen Killer 7 with a cheap price tag anywhere.

Well crap, at the time of writing that there was one available for Gamecube at 10 pounds.

It's a shame because the NTSC copies of the game still are plentiful and cheap.

I still don't have a home due to construction, but am now house-sitting for my girlfriend's uncle and got the Wii and Killer 7 over there. I plan to push through the 3 chapters that I am behind this week and bring myself up to date. We'll see if that actually happens.

So is this thing dead, or do you people still want to keep going?

Mmm?

Has anybody caught up to Cloudman? It has been three weeks.

I really don't want to bitch, but i'd still enjoy seeing this through.

I'm working on it. Still behind, but finished Sunset now. Time has been at a huge premium lately, but I'm trying to find opportunities to play.

Alright, well let's put this off for another week then.

Shit, this thread is falling to the second page, so I'd better post quick!

I finished Cloudman and man that was fucking great. The weakest part was putting a bunch of money into a machine to get some action figures. I'm not even sure where I got money to buy things with suddenly in my inventory in the first place.

I also really fucking hated a certain screen with giants that fall on you. I think I've died in this chapter more than any so far. I could never get the trick to aim fast enough to hit the giants in the eye. I did on the first time you encounter them from far away with Kaede, but the next area had them coming after you with way too many at a time.

Luckily that was all kind of counteracted with the goofy jogger Heaven Smiles who seem content to just jog right past you, waiting for you to kill them.

The animated scenes in this part and the atmosphere were great. Really wasn't like Texas much at all, or if so a mash up of a ton of cities or places at once. Nice there was a lot of space nods. I'm a sucker for 2D animated sequences and it was nice to be treated to so many this time around. So much more pretty. The boss transformation was just jaw dropping and the car scene before had some great drawn poses.

I think I'm really getting the hang of this game now, aside for some FPS annoyances still. What a strange game.

I finished Killer 8 mode last month. I enjoyed the game much more the second time around and understood a little bit more of what was going on after reading about the beta on Unseen64 and how much was cut. Game still makes no sense, but I at least know what's missing. I think the plot is mostly more enjoyable to go along with the episodic stuff than the overall storyline which is confusing and unfulfilling. I really don't like everything going on in the Curtis Blackburn chapter, it's way too morbid for this game or any game really. I don't think it's very fun to fight a villian who is a child molestor, sells the organs of orphans, and murder's a man's wife and children. I wish out of all things that had been cut, as the rest is just kind of Pulp Fiction style light heartedness.

I also understood the gameplay more on the unforgiving hard mode. You die in one hit with everyone except Young Harman and his tommy gun and you are forced to use some different strategies with him. Also I understood to level up one character (Dan first) for auto critical hits since I leveled up all characters equally on my first easier playthrough and made it way harder for myself by never achieving that power.

I also read Hand in Killer 7 to attempt to get a better idea what the hell is going on, but it explained only a small amount, added a few more questions, and mostly just stated what happened in the game for the more confusing parts without any explanation whatsoever.

As long as it took me to slog through it the first time, I ended up having a lot of fun the second time around, beating it in 4 days instead of half a year. This game still could have been better put together and finalized, but I'm glad it exists.

This thread is my greatest failure.

I finished Killer 8 mode last month. I enjoyed the game much more the second time around and understood a little bit more of what was going on after reading about the beta on Unseen64 and how much was cut. Game still makes no sense, but I at least know what's missing.

Yeah, it was originally meant to be part of Suda's Silver Case series. (The only game in that series that has been released in North America is a disastrous DS remake of Flower, Sun, and Rain.)

With that point of reference, I can pretty much assure that the story probably would have been just as confusing and disjointed had Killer 7 been released in its original, intended form.

Any ideas for what?

Episodic things or things otherwise easily broken up into digestable chunks would be ideal.

Well I'm playing HItman Blood money. We

Any ideas for what?

Episodic things or things otherwise easily broken up into digestable chunks would be ideal.

I'm playing Hitman: Blood Money now. It's very structured, the club can assign individual missions to play and talk about. Could be any of the original Hitman games. (And looks like they're coming out with an xbox 360 re-release of all 3)

Also off the top of my head: the Thief series and the Penumbra series. Both are just games that I haven't played yet and probably could use an impetus to do so.

Just bought a copy of Killer 7 for PS2, obviously I am a bit too late for this.

I would be up for doing this (I have been meaning to go back and play Hitman: Blood Money). Yakuza also lends itself well to an episodic format given that it is broken up into chapters. I've finished the first three so that might not be a good idea for anyone coming in fresh to the series.

I am itching for an excuse to play the HD remake of Shadow of the Colossus and that would break itself up into chapters rather naturally.

I only ask that if you guys do decide to do this if you could start a new thread for it.

This thread is my greatest failure.

Hey I stayed true, it just took me a year. :)

It bums me out that this whole thing stopped just short of the really meaty, crazy stuff in the game. We didn't even get to the notorious "sex" scene, did we? I mean, and there are so many interesting, weird ways to read into the events conveyed by the last few stages of the game. The revelations can be taken to mean so many different things, it was a large part of why i thought Killer 7 would be great for something like this.

I am itching for an excuse to play the HD remake of Shadow of the Colossus and that would break itself up into chapters rather naturally.

I only ask that if you guys do decide to do this if you could start a new thread for it.

I would definitely be interested in doing SotC, i'd love to play through it again.

I don't have a PS3 or the HD update though. (I kept telling myself that i would buy a PS3 for Last Guardian...)

It bums me out that this whole thing stopped just short of the really meaty, crazy stuff in the game. We didn't even get to the notorious "sex" scene, did we?

I actually found out after beating the game that Jack Thompson made a stink about that scene. It was otherwise pretty tame for a game as wild as Killer 7 and I would have not thought anything of it again had I not seen an article on it later.

I can also join for the SotC playthrough though! Although I bet I'll suddenly not have the time again as my work is asking for crunch again.

As I found out during the first attempt, trying to do this shit while in school doesn't work. That said, I'll gladly watch from the sidelines and root for you guys!

We could do one colossus a month starting january? I'd start a thread, but I don't have the time or skill to write a sweet intro like this one has.