toblix

Games News and Gaming News

I flip through the headlines on Joystiq to keep myself more-or-less up to date with news, but the articles are typically dreck so I find it's a mistake to go past that. RPS is fun to actually read, and I spend some time every Sunday sifting through their Sunday Papers article. Giant Bomb I go to for Quick Looks so that I can maybe get clued into some game that I wasn't aware of that I may like (see recently Cargo: Quest for Gravity). That's about it.

Shacknews and Kotaku in their current state look like shit.

I use a news reader on my phone to check mostly RPS, Eurogamer and Gamasutra.

Occasionally I do still include RSS' of Shack, Kotaku and Joystiq, but I don't like to visit the actual sites of those three.

Giant Bomb I don't go to, but I do have their Giant Bomb application on my Android, though the news and reviews don't update that frequently so I don't know are those always really working. The videos do seem to get updated daily so those are fun to watch while on the move.

Actually, does any gaming site besides RPS actually have intelligent discussion in the comments?

Hmm... I don't have time to read comments usually. In RPS there seem to be always so many comments, maybe a small part of them are interesting discussion?

Gamasutra used to have good comments discussions going on all the time, but I haven't seen stuff like that in a while.

Yeah the platform holder mascot avatar brigade seem to have penetrated Gamasutra comments.