Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Renegade Ops

I could chip in for a four pack also if you'd accept me as the fourth guy. Do we pay one our share and then the one buying it gifts the 3 copies to the others?

El Muerte* said he would shell out the cash for the four pack and then gift us copies. We could then paypal him the money, and get down to some four way action when we are all loaded up.

*He did say this, I heard him across the North Sea :grin: (It can't be me because I am too poor, sorry)

Maybe a thread in Multiplayer Networking would be in order?

Haha, all the delays for the PC port and it begins with "Press Start". I loved the intro, but boy is the game hard to control on a keyboard.

I switched to "tank steering" instead of the directional steering.

I don't think I can play this game for long sessions. Those missions are almost non stop action and quickly take up 30 minutes to complete. Really RSI inducing.

So far I've finished 2 of the 9 missions. Great stuff.

Finished the campaign on one sitting with a friend. Great fun! Loved the story!

After watching the two Giant Bomb quicklooks for this game, I am super pumped on it. It's installing to my laptop now (thanks for organizing that, El Muerte!) and I'm stoked to bust out the 360 controller and have at 'er.

Just finished some 2 player coop with Armchair. :tup:

Missions are much easier with more people, or at least it took us half the time I needed during single player. Great thing is that leveling continues in both MP and SP.

One annoying thing you encounter when playing with multiple people is the fact that you can drive each other off the road by slightly bumping each other.

Oh, there's also a thing called fall damage. At a certain point in mission 2 I thought: Screw it, I'm taking a short cut and jump off this cliff. But when I reached the ground my car exploded. Right behind me I saw Armchair following the same path to demise. So that was fun :)

Yeah it was cool, much easier with two, we could probably ramp up the difficulty next go, we might get more experience points if it's harder?

And, err, yeah, I only followed you off the cliff so you didn't feel left out. I of course knew it would result in certain death.

Apparently there's sometimes stuff hidden in a mission. Almost at the end of mission 3 I found a helicopter drop. Not sure if it made the battle after that easier, but at least it was a nice surprise.

Now if there only was something giving you the ability to complete the side missions. There's simply not enough time to pick up all artifacts, prisoners, etc.

Nothing like a new Steam christmas achievement to get me to boot up RO again and remember how much I like this game. The Coldstrike DLC also seems pretty rad. I shot down Santa! How cool is that! I don't recall paying $5 for the DLC, but Steam says I own it so maybe it gave it to me as a preorder bonus or something? Either way, it's pretty good. There are far worse reasons to hop back into this game.