Tanukitsune

Recently QUITED games

I forced myself through FF7, the Spanish edition made things worse with it's terrible translation and at the end I almost thought I hated JRPGs, but I now know I just hate the overly annoying emo characters! :frusty:

I've never managed to finish GTA IV, despite enjoying it. I always get stuck on the bank heist.

That's a toughie. Took me a few attempts even after stocking up on ridiculous amounts of weaponry.

That's actually my problem with GTAIV too, I like the game but the combat is actually rather crap (especially when compared with the refined RDR system) and since I haven't played it for so long every time I go back I fail miserably and then don't want anything to do with it again for a few months.

I genuinely had to hit the bank job about a dozen times, and only my addiction to narrative progression kept me going. It's the sort of pointless difficulty spike that gets right up my nose, and is also very Rockstar - like the skydiving mission in GTA3:San Andreas. Theoretically, that should be really James Bond fun - you have to fly out over the ocean, find a plane, stalk it and freefall onto it before killing every last motherlover inside - but it becomes the game demanding that you do something very well that the game itself does very badly, in order to progress. In the end, once you've nailed it, you don't feel like a badass - you just feel relief that you haven't wasted the effort investment.

Yeah, that San Andreas one was really annoying.

I don't feel the same about the bank job in IV though. Maybe I got lucky in nailing it after a few attempts (anyone who's played online with me will know I'm not that good). The feeling of calm after all of the gunfire had finally lulled was quite a resonant moment :tup:

I genuinely had to hit the bank job about a dozen times, and only my addiction to narrative progression kept me going. It's the sort of pointless difficulty spike that gets right up my nose, and is also very Rockstar - like the skydiving mission in GTA3:San Andreas. Theoretically, that should be really James Bond fun - you have to fly out over the ocean, find a plane, stalk it and freefall onto it before killing every last motherlover inside - but it becomes the game demanding that you do something very well that the game itself does very badly, in order to progress. In the end, once you've nailed it, you don't feel like a badass - you just feel relief that you haven't wasted the effort investment.

I think I beat the bank job on my third try, it was a pain, but not the worst thing in the game (for me, the final chase took the cake on that). As for the San Andreas mission, what did you play the game on? I've beaten the game twice on PC and have never had any kind of issue with the things that people always complain about with that game. The toy helicopter one and skydiving ones never took me more than 2 tries on either playthrough. Maybe it's just that mouse and keyboard is so much better suited to it or something, but I don't understand the complaints.

The bank robbery was my favorite part of the game actually, it was pretty hard, but it was also the only mission that felt right. It was the only mission that made it feel like a crime game and not an action game with thugs in it! :yep:

The final bit of GTA4 and the abandoned hospital gave me the worst headaches. My favorite standout moment in the game was killing the lawyer in his office. I did so with a snazzy suit on and used mainly the shotgun to blast my way out, so it felt very cinematic.

I guess nobody is surprised that I quit Two Worlds, although I did manage to play it for a few hours before realizing it wasn't worth my time.

I guess nobody is surprised that I quit Two Worlds, although I did manage to play it for a few hours before realizing it wasn't worth my time.

If you would give it a rating, would it be lower that the required 7/10?

If you would give it a rating, would it be lower that the required 7/10?

In insane moon logic ratings? 7.5/10

In sane ratings?4.5/10

It's not terrible, it's just that's it's not good enough for an RPG, the longer the time I'm going to spend with the game, the more strict I am with it.

I'm probably going to burn for this, but I've not played Far Cry 2 for almost one year now. Still a loooooooooong way from completing that one.

I'm not going to quit it though, I will complete it at some point when it's time will come.

Damn, I think I've become a "wizard snob" in games...

I started playing Drakensang and made it through the first chapter and everything! The game is rough, but has a lot of charm. The leveling system is rather unique too, but... Magic users are just not fun!

After barely making it to the city with the lame thunderbolt spell and dashed to the first place I could find that should magical skills, and that's when I found out that they ALL SUCK!

90% of them are stats boosters, I only have ONE attack spell and ONE stun spell? Are you kidding me? :frusty:

It really saddens me, because I'm sure this game is actually good, I just have to play as a magic user or not at all...

WIIIZZZZZAAAARD! :oldman:

Discworld has the best wizard; although it's not an original game wizard.

New topic: what gaming featuring the best wizard did you quit?

Err... I can't think of any either.

Simon 3D

although... technically he isn't a wizard but a sorcerer.

Actually, I was going to create a thread about games with wizards that are fun to play as! I'm going to cry if I play another game with a bad wizard in it! ;(

I think WoW counts as a good wizard game that you HAVE TO quit, it's laced with crack, but eventually you will leave it or end up as a skeleton in front of your PC!

The story mode in Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 (the third xbox 360 one).

Ugh, by now I would have thought obligatory tacked on story modes required to unlock songs in rhythm games would be so common as to not have any major design issues. But when retrying a challenge on failure requires at least seven button presses and three loading screens*, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. Especially when the challenge in question is to hit a ten second streak of notes near-perfectly, while the notes disappear a beat or so before they hit the strike zone. Especially especially when a sample of the song plays on the loading screen, but is out of sync with the beat of the song when it starts playing, meaning I'm on a completely different rhythm than I need to be for a challenge that fails me if I'm off by a fraction of a second for any single step.

It also doesn't help that the game has an opaque -10 to +10 slider on the main menu (not any in-game menu, mind) to deal with input lag on HDTVs, but no real means to test out what the appropriate number is besides trial and error in-game, complete with the now-expected loading delays between playing and menus.. :frusty:

Makes me appreciate everything Harmonix has done for the genre more and more. Especially the open secret "unlock all songs" cheat present in all of their recent games, meaning you can just play the goddamn game without jumping through hoops.

*I am not joking about these numbers. On failure it loads the map screen. You need to skip through about 2-3 lines of generic dialogue chiding you on your poor performance. Press A again to reaccept the challenge. Skip through about 2-3 lines of generic dialogue encouraging you. Then the challenge subscreen loads, where you must select the difficulty of the challenge. Then the song itself loads. Repeat ad nauseum.

Edit: cheated my way through with a wired 360 controller (instead of the dance pad) and some stubborn effort in the training mode. No way I'm doing the other two difficulties where you need completely perfect timing with even less visual indicators, but at least it let me proceed. I feel so ashamed. :getmecoat

Edited by Noyb

World of Warcraft. I don't understand by people play this. I've tried it for about a day, leveled a guy up to 12. But all the "quests" are mundane and tedious. The whole game appears to revolve around stretching things as far as possible. There's really a shit load of walking involved. I don't mind the need to stroll around through the world (like my 60+ hours in new vegas shows). But in this game it's really walk 5 minutes to X, click to a very short "dialogue", walk back 5 minutes to complete quest. Also the inventory management is really shit, you cannot even compare items...

Possibly the worst RPG I've ever played.

WoW was the only game I was "dangerously addicted" to, I was almost like the South Park episode people, I'm so glad I quit that game and MMOs in general.

I've quit Cho Aniki Zero, I played to original game, but this game is just broken I can't really explain it to non-shmup fans, but it's clear this game was made by people who don't know that much about shmups, it's broken hard in a very bad way and they didn't even capture the feel of the original series, the original game was insane and creative, this is just recycling characters, boring and frustrating and this is from a guy who plays shmups and bullets hells regularly!