thorn

I am not going to write a misleading title that will get you excited for nothing

But Tim Schafer has said on record that he wants to do Psychonauts 2, as long as someone would pay for it.

From our "It's Fun to Dream" file comes a story from the latest issue of PSM3, in which Double Fine's Tim Schafer says he's ready to do a sequel to his classic action platformer Psychonauts. So ... Psychonauts 2: Revenge of the Milkman coming fall of 2012, pre-order now to get your commemorative goggles. Right?

Not so fast, bucko. Schafer wants to make a new Psychonauts, but he still needs to find someone to help foot the bill. "It's really a question of getting a publisher who's interested in doing it," he told the magazine. "Over the years it's gotten into the hands of a lot of people ... so if all these people were going to buy the sequel it would be a big hit."

Does anyone have access to the magazine to post the full interview?

I wish I had a backup of the Church of Tim. Sadly, it's completely gone. Maybe that is for the best.

Propably Steam and GoG have helped a lot to sell Psychonauts.

Would be really interesting to see actual numbers between boxed copy sales and digital download sales.

I bought from US the boxed copy back in the day from Gamestop and got a pretty ugly hippie style Psychonauts shirt as pre-order bonus and last winter I bought Psychonauts from Steam for $5. So at least I bought it twice.

Psychonauts grows better and better over the years, it really shines through as such a wonderful, creative game. I'd love to see a sequel, if it manages to reach the same high standards as the original!

I bought from US the boxed copy back in the day from Gamestop and got a pretty ugly hippie style Psychonauts shirt as pre-order bonus and last winter I bought Psychonauts from Steam for $5. So at least I bought it twice.
Yeah, me too. I have it on Xbox and PC-Steam.

I just wish they'd put in a bit of effort to debuggify the PC version. The main thing that irked me was that if I was playing in widescreen resolution, the videos would be stretched to 16:9 instead of staying 4:3 with black boxes on the sides.

Also there are issues with ATI graphics cards like freezing (which was mostly stopped by turning off shadows, which makes some of the platforming very difficult) and painfully low framerate in some levels (unfixable, had to go to my mum's place and use her computer).

Wait, Tim "I'll never do a sequel, that's beneath me!" Schafer is actually going to do a sequel? Owww! I think my brain broke! :eek:

Wait, Tim "I'll never do a sequel, that's beneath me!" Schafer is actually going wants to do a sequel? Owww! I think my brain broke! :eek:
Corrected.

Corrected.

Going to, wanting to... does it matter? He's the "I'll never do a sequel!" guy! Or was... :I

Going to, wanting to... does it matter? He's the "I'll never do a sequel!" guy! Or was... :I

I'm can't find anything on Schafer saying something along those lines, though I have seen quotes saying he wouldn't want anyone other than him to do a Grim Fandango sequel.

Schafer recently put it like this in an interview: he never really had a thing against sequels per se, it's just that he'd rather do something original. The way he used to put this to clamoring fans was: if he'd done a DOTT sequel there wouldn't have been Grim, if he'd done a Grim sequel, there'd have been no Psychonauts.

Of all his games, Psychonauts is the one that has the most sequel potential, since so much of the story is linked to innovative gameplay that just screams for more expression.

Schafer recently put it like this in an interview: he never really had a thing against sequels per se, it's just that he'd rather do something original. The way he used to put this to clamoring fans was: if he'd done a DOTT sequel there wouldn't have been Grim, if he'd done a Grim sequel, there'd have been no Psychonauts.

Of all his games, Psychonauts is the one that has the most sequel potential, since so much of the story is linked to innovative gameplay that just screams for more expression.

Ah! That sounds familiar, I guess I didn't remember it right?

No one is going to pay him to do pyschonauts 2 when brutal legend was such a commercial flop

Is selling more than a million copies really a flop?

Is selling more than a million copies really a flop?

Did it really sell more then a million copies? Because I remember it coming out and doing around 100k it's first month in America.