Snooglebum

Worms Armageddon

Yes, it was the worms to end all worms. It simply was worms perfection.

Well, I have to end explorer.exe on Windows 7 to play it, so that aspect isn't that perfect.

I played more Worms 2, but I had Armageddon. I could never beat all the missions on Armageddon. I remember one with the Eiffel Tower was super tough, as well as the one where you have to navigate the super sheep through the maze terrain.

It's on sale on XBLA for (if I remember correctly) 400 pts.

Isn't that just a sequel to the stripped-down Worms XBLA that was branded with the same name as the original awesome PC game?

Oh yes, the fun of getting old good Windows games to work on Vista/7.

Such a pain in the ass, especially if you got a multiple core processor.

I tried running Blood II sometime ago and it didn't work at all and I tried a lot of stuff...

Need to really get a VirtualPC setup running, maybe then I will ge these oldies to work.

Though GoG has Blood II so I should just propably get it from there so it would at least work, but I don't like using multiple services for games. I'm too attached to Steam already.

Isn't that just a sequel to the stripped-down Worms XBLA that was branded with the same name as the original awesome PC game?

I don't know...I don't play PC games, 'cause I'm a man.

Anybody remember that?

Yes! and nothing is more entertaining then a full game /w everyone on Voice Chat - I'd love to see a PC Worms: Thumbsageddon session happen :)

It's on sale on XBLA for (if I remember correctly) 400 pts.
I don't have nearly enough money to pay for Microsoft's overpriced wireless Mc-bobs, or whatever they're called. I barely have enough money to pay for games.

So no XBLA for me.

:violin:

There was a period of time in the mid 2000s when I played Worms Armageddon online almost daily, with people from Mixnmojo/Idle Thumbs. It was good. I miss it.

Will the revived high res/"new" W:A ever show up on PC?

There was a period of time in the mid 2000s when I played Worms Armageddon online almost daily, with people from Mixnmojo/Idle Thumbs. It was good. I miss it.

I think we all know the answer to that.

I used to play that game EVERY DAY on my N64 with my unbeatable team "Simply the Best". Holy hand grenade angling and ninja roping my way across entire maps. I loved that game.

I'm a huge Worms fanboy. Apart from obsessively playing Worms 2, Armageddon and WWP, I also followed the development of Worms 3D quite closely, and imported it (for $100+) from Europe instead of waiting a month or two for the NA release.

I recently picked up Worms: Armageddon 2 on XBLA. For the most part, it's great. Presentation is top-notch. The weapons, while not the 60+ weapons in WA, are all useful and well implemented. I *like* that there are fewer options now. There's a bunch of streamlining/usability going on too, which I always welcome.

But yet, I can't genuinely love this game. And I feel awful about it. Remember that ridiculous post on Team Liquid where they ripped into SC2 for really stupid whiny reasons? Yeah, I could do that for WA2. And I feel awful about it, yet I'm still convinced that Team17 somewhat broke the Worms formula with WA2 with a bunch of little tweaks.

That said, it's a fairly whiny rant, and it's super late here, so I'll stop talking unless someone really wants to hear all the details.

Cheers,

Mo

I don't have nearly enough money to pay for Microsoft's overpriced wireless Mc-bobs, or whatever they're called.

What about a router? or even unplugging your ethernet cable for the internet and plugging in your xbox temporarily (if that's feasible). If you can find a way...it's really worth it for stuff like Shadow Complex and Trials HD which are some of the best games on the X360 (Trials HD is probably in my top 5 games of all time...I might be crazy, but I personally think it's pretty much flawless).

Yeah, the official PC sequel to Worms Armageddon is Worms Reloaded and is coming out this year. It was originally going to just be the XBLA game but it it's evolved into a full-blown sequel. :tup:

And yes, I am actually nostalgic about the ridiculously frquent and long Mojo/Thumbs Worms games. ;(