Scrobbs

Would YOU pay money to play games with girls?

but aren't the people you play with online only important in the context of whatever virtual thing you're doing?

Totally disagree. Haven't you ever played online with any of our awesome forum members? If you play games online regularly with someone, you can certainly end up becoming friends with them.

Very true. Thanks to the fact that I'm usually have Steam running while I'm doing my homework, I probably talk to Patters more than most of my real world friends at this point. Due to mounds upon mounds of homework, I don't get out of the house nearly as much as I'd like to, and the Thumbs multiplayer sessions have provided most of my social interactions (aside from time spent with the girl) for the past couple of months. Excellent people play these things. If it weren't for GTA and Forza, I may have been a complete hermit at this point.

That said, I'd never expect to make a friend from a quick match of any game. And certainly nothing romantic, aside from James taking me for an occasional "trip to the park" during a GTA race.

I would love it if somebody hired this service and then treated the girl to what she could regularly expect in a public server. Call her a 12-year old boy. Be sexist, and talk about how terrible she is at the game. Then ask her if she really is a girl, and start hitting on her.

.... aren't the people you play with online only important in the context of whatever virtual thing you're doing?

What?! Brothers in Thumbs! Never leave a Thumb behind. Blasphemy I tells ya :)

EDIT: I see my sentiment has already been expressed.. curse my Mr Magoo-esque iPhone screen.

Very true. Thanks to the fact that I'm usually have Steam running while I'm doing my homework, I probably talk to Patters more than most of

Yeah we usually end up talking even if we're playing separate games, just out of habit. That being said, if anyone sees me "Strummer521" on Xbox Live and wants to have a chat with a fellow thumb, feel free to send me a party invite, even if I'm playing a different game than you are.

I would love it if somebody hired this service and then treated the girl to what she could regularly expect in a public server. Call her a 12-year old boy. Be sexist, and talk about how terrible she is at the game. Then ask her if she really is a girl, and start hitting on her.

But then you also need to have the white knight as well, defending her honour at every opportunity. Otherwise it's not a genuine girl-on-internet situation.

And at least one dude that pretends that he doesn't care that there is a girl playing.

And at least one dude that pretends that he doesn't care that there is a girl playing.

I'm so glad you put that there :P Because let's be honest, single men. You kinda hope that the woman on the other end is a slammin' hottie, and local. Can't get much better than that, fellas.

I'm so glad you put that there :P Because let's be honest, single men. You kinda hope that the woman on the other end is a slammin' hottie, and local. Can't get much better than that, fellas.

With relation to both of these, I have played a lot of video games with girls, which to be honest ain't a bad thing, hell one of my best friend's exes played a lot of quake. One of my favourite gaming experiences ever: getting the Endure achievement in Halo ODST was with a girl http://www.bungie.net/stats/odstg.aspx?player=patters666&gameid=27828321.

I have had one adverse experience gaming with girls, in Halo 3, in the prime of my career, me and friends happened to be playing a team of girls, which in itself would not be a bad thing. They played to every stereotype the 14 year olds would like them to, they were flirtatious, though when we didn't respond to it, that changed. They became obnoxiously foul mouthed, terrible people who we proceeded to destroy.

I would like to see an increase in respect to female gamers, though I don't see how it can be done. Though for this to happen people need to stop being awful.

...though when we didn't respond to it, that changed. They became obnoxiously foul mouthed, terrible people who we proceeded to destroy...

Wait til you get married! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

I would like to see an increase in respect to female gamers, though I don't see how it can be done. Though for this to happen people need to stop being awful.

Yeah, that'll be the day. :fart:

From memory I've only had positive experiences (not many) on-line with female gamers. I jumped in on a Left for Dead game and ended up on a team of girls, they politely asked me to swap sides (they were waiting for a friend), I did and they actually said 'thank you'!

Then they proceeded to kick my ass for the next few rounds... :hmph:

I try and see gamers as gamers and not bring any pre-conceived ideas to the game, I think that's the attraction of playing with Idle Thumbs, there is some form of 'relationship' there and some 'respect', sometimes.

Those who live up to a stereotype really do deserve all they get. A mention of 'e-peen' and 'pwning n00bs' is a bullet magnet in my book. Behaving like an asshole in multi player games takes the fun out it for all of us. :tdown:

I don't hope that...because what am I gonna do, talk to her? Talk about scary!!! :erm:

That said, I'd never expect to make a friend from a quick match of any game. And certainly nothing romantic, aside from James taking me for an occasional "trip to the park" during a GTA race.

I want to know more!

Also I haven't really played online since the Worms days (being called a yank ad nauseum) outside of some Dreamcast type stuff, but how do you know who you are actually playing half the time?

I only play online on my PS3, but unless someone has a mic and is running their mouth, I have no idea who they are. I also don't seem motivated enough to buy a keyboard or headset at this point, so maybe that's it? I guess on Playstation Home your avatar should say as much, but you can be whoever whenever. Home is terrible anyways.

Xbox live is much, much more vocal. To the point I don't bother with it anymore, as I got sick of chipmunk voices swearing.

My dignity has never been in such a struggle with my wallet.

You mean I could just spend my free time exactly like I have been and get wads of cash?

And yet, the cost is a bit too high... I'd be encouraging all the brats who have ever harassed me over voice chat. I'd also have to interact with them for hours to get paid... Yeah, no.

You mean I could just spend my free time exactly like I have been and get wads of cash?

And yet, the cost is a bit too high... I'd be encouraging all the brats who have ever harassed me over voice chat. I'd also have to interact with them for hours to get paid... Yeah, no.

A wise and inadvertently kind choice. Help them help themselves not waste their moneys being wierd. These capitalists, taking advantage of poor nerd's social dysfunctionality like that. For shame.

Plus, they'll be staring at you the whole time... right? Creepy.

I'm sure some will be doing more than staring.

Wait. Are you a gurrrl? ZOMG! A GURL! :mock:

But then you also need to have the white knight as well, defending her honour at every opportunity. Otherwise it's not a genuine girl-on-internet situation.

Quick! Let's all choose our roles!

Wait. Are you a gurrrl? ZOMG! A GURL! :mock:

Leave her alone you scumbag, stop acting like a 12 year old, she's not into you you're way too immature:woohoo::erm::clap::grin::blink::hmph::mock::fart::violin::yep::shifty: etc etc

Quick! Let's all choose our roles!

Mission accomplished :grin: