Jake

Idle Thumbs 50: "Farewell, Video Games" or "The Shitty Wizard"

idlethumbs50_blog.jpg

"Farewell, Video Games" or "The Shitty Wizard"

Idle Thumbs goes out with some attempt at a bang, by way of a two and a half hour mega episode. The unrelenting Dragon Age revokes Nick's gamer card, Chris can't stop playing Torchlight, and Jake keeps spinning around on the floor. Also featuring farewells aplenty, Dreamcast 2, exclusive Steve Ballmer DLC, and good news.

Games Discussed: Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, Far Cry 2, Torchlight, Fate, Star Control II, Shattered Horizons, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Hammerfight, Trine

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Thanks for being awesome and enjoying our year of podcasting!

The last 'cast is downloading right now. I had to register an account so I could thank you guys for keeping me entertained for so long. Thanks for all the great episodes and for getting me through so many late night study sessions. I'll miss the show a lot.

Keep on casting those pods, oh wait... man this kind of sucks.

That's a lotta 'cast!

And I'm incapable of listening while working, so this will have to wait.

I love the 'Wizard and Puffin Adventures: Heart of Darkness' image.

I'm just like Chris when it comes to gemming in Torchlight, though not to such an extreme point. Though I still use some of the gems, most of the time I find myself hoarding them in my stash and just constantly transmuting them and not using it.

And I finally caved in and downloaded the no wipe enchant mod. I don't think i can bear to see my enchants wiped off >.<

It's a shame that the great cast is now ending.

I have to download this as soon as I can. It has been most wonderful spending the otherwise boring workdays to listening your podcasts through my iPod.

2,5 hours eh? Weeell, that sure is a bang. :)

Dragon Age's ease-of-wooing depends on the character too. Morrigan detests emotional attachment, and is just in it for the sex, so you don't really have to improve her attitude much (around 60-70 or so, if I remember correctly, which can be done almost immediately after she joins your party, if you've been saving gifts). Leliana takes a lot more (I've got her at 88, and still nothing). Haven't tried to do anything with either of the male options, but I'm sure I'll get bored enough at some point.

Hmmm... this makes me sound like some sort of Creepy Internet Guy, doesn't it? Oh, well.

Listening now. I wasn't expecting this today, but while waiting for a bus, read from Twitter that the cast was out so I didn't have it downloaded but had to play it over 3G.

Made the smelly 50 minute bus ride much better! (our public transportation sucks, not only is it infrequent, but there is usually a smelly bum or two in the bus and the smell will linger long after they've left)

I just made it to the second part of the cast so I don't know what the good news is, but I want to say that all the 50+ episodes have been awesome! I actually didn't regularly listen to any podcasts before Thumbs and even now only occasionally listen to other casts. I hope Idle Thumbs will continue in some way, but even if it doesn't it was great that it existed for a year (wow, it doesn't even feel like it's been a year)

I just woke up so obviously I haven't listened to it yet, but re: good news per Nick's twitter

Leaving Thumbs was tough. Glad it will semi-continue in some form (spoiler?!). The hope of returning helps.

30 minutes of after-cast insanity? Nice F-U to all the Idle Thumbs detractors at the end

Congrats on the run. 50 is a good number. I look forward to the new, sporadic Very Idle Two-Thirds Cast: Featuring Steve Gaynor.

Also, now that you're not casting pods, maybe you can fix the thumb smilies on the forum now? :shifty:

Enjoy Maryland Nick.

That banner is one of my favorite things of all time.

Agreed, that banner blew me away -ign.com

also downloading and getting ready for the tears ;_;

Download commencing... I'll have to listen to it when I get home from work. That's not going to be an easy wait.

haha the arnie "do eeet now" quote is coming back, has been said (mostly by me) in the past few grand thumb autos.

I am listening to the part about the "crappy Wizard", and I am like Nick I learned about the shitty side of the enchanter when I found a really nice Mace (gold, 400+ dps) and it lost everything that it came with. I hate that asshole Wizard.

I guess I will just start enchanting really shitty weapons in hopes that he makes them really cool.

Leaving Thumbs was tough. Glad it will semi-continue in some form (spoiler?!). The hope of returning helps.

!!!

Congrats on the run. 50 is a good number. I look forward to the new, sporadic Very Idle Two-Thirds Cast: Featuring Steve Gaynor.

Is that what the good news is? Is that real?

I'm re-listening to episode 1 just to make it sadder. Fallout 3 y'all!

Yup the Thumbs spoiler is

Steve is going to be Third Thumb for sporadic RandomCasts that arent regularly updated.

But hey, they'll exist, and possibly have song? Maybe?

Although I'm going to miss Nick ... ;( Who's going to add that extra layer of sillyness? He was the inner layer of frosting on the Idle Thumbs Cake. Jeff Gold Game Gold Gone...Bloom.

Also, I played QWOP for like 20 minutes... I got the song to start a little a couple times, made it running 4.4 meters. Theeeen I didnt feel like I was improving and quit. :blink:

Edit: I just remembered to say that on Steam I've had a couple things appear in my games list that I didnt have, mostly things that were free weekends? But I'm pretty sure a couple were demos.. The last one was the Champions Online weekend thing? So I'm thinking its not just L4D2 demo, which I agree would have been weird.

The Shizard.