Jake

Idle Thumbs 49: Bargo Busters

Listen to the first few seconds of this episode. Jake says "Bargo Busters", then Nick says "That's the name of your podcast." What does he mean by "your podcast"? Is there a posibility of a new podcast which is something different than Idle Thumbs, or am I just trying to cope with the loss?

Listen to the first few seconds of this episode. Jake says "Bargo Busters", then Nick says "That's the name of your podcast." What does he mean by "your podcast"? Is there a posibility of a new podcast which is something different than Idle Thumbs, or am I just trying to cope with the loss?

I think you're trying to imagine things my friend :)

Your was used as a colloquialism. Similar to how people in the UK say "Give us one" when they mean "I would like one"

We were joking about fake Nick-less podcasts, and that was one that came up that particularly cracked us up. If you haven't noticed, we have a tendency to come up with a single idea, become temporarily over enamored with how it strikes us at the time, and run with it nonstop for about 45 seconds, and then find it irresistible to make passing references to it for the next couple of minutes/hours/weeks.

I'd listen to a podcast called bargo busters for sure. For some reason my brain thinks alliteration is terribly attractive.

I'd listen to a podcast called bargo busters for sure. For some reason my brain thinks alliteration is terribly attractive.

And alliteration's pretty fond of your brain, big boy. :ancient:

I have not received a cross-stitch! Hopefully it arrives tomorrow! (Monday.)

Oh god I got it today. Amazing!

40679362.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1257355160&Signature=%2FbB84UODsXzF2ggZ4pNK6DbTleU%3D

Edited by Jake

Oh god I got it today. Amazing!

40679362.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1257355160&Signature=%2FbB84UODsXzF2ggZ4pNK6DbTleU%3D

Sweet! I thought you'd get a kick out of that sirs!

You god damn shits. I wrote to you a while back now, telling you that I was starting back from episode 1; well, that was around 43/44 episodes ago and I find out (as I'm rapidly approaching episode-equilibrium) that this cast is no longer going to be blasting into my faceholes.

I found out via the somethingawful forums, and because I'm still not caught up on episodes yet I have no idea why things are coming to an end. All I know is, you guys have been killing the fuck out of my daily commute and pretty soon I'll be left to battle the grind alone.

Agh, I guess I'll find out your reasons soon enough, I just didn't want it to be true.

Thank you all for what has been an amazing podcast. I salute you.

We were joking about fake Nick-less podcasts, and that was one that came up that particularly cracked us up. If you haven't noticed, we have a tendency to come up with a single idea, become temporarily over enamored with how it strikes us at the time, and run with it nonstop for about 45 seconds, and then find it irresistible to make passing references to it for the next couple of minutes/hours/weeks.

Nice one Rodkin, just keep twisting that knife...

Just in case you all arent on my stalker levels of following the guys on twitter... Nick posted this on his a couple hours ago:

"@Ratsofatsorat: False finality alarm. We're closing out the first segment with a bonus, no folds barred recording session tomorrow night."

Idle Thumbs Episode 50.5? :D

Admitting this was dumb. Now all I want in life is for something called "Bargo Busters" to be real, and that's just embarrassing.

This little section of the podcast was so bizarre, but it had me reeling in laughter. I just had to transcribe it. Hopefully, this proves to you Thumbs (and former-Thumbs) that I (think I) could tell the difference between Nick and Jake. Well, that's one! :)

Jake (huffing): I would, ha, I would never! Ah! (offended) *silence* Huh! Your mustache is bristling.

Chris: Monocle popping out.

Jake: Monocle’s MMM! (pretentiously)

Chris: Yeah. Wig flying-

Jake: The wig VVVVVV! (cartoon sound effect)

(Nick laughing meanwhile)

Chris: Bow-ties spinning.

Jake: Well, eh, possibly.

Chris: Maybe, eh?

Jake: HMM!

Chris: You went too far with the bow-tie.

Jake: H-h-hardly a bow-tie.

Chris (laughing): Monocle popping!

Jake: HMM! HMM!

(Nick laughing)

Chris: What are we talking about?

Jake: Recursive, just uhh, OHHH (scared sounds). This episode has a twist ending.

(The silence is broken by Nick’s “offended” outburst)

Jake: We're all just scandalized! About everything!

Nick: TWIST!

(Nick and Jake huffing & feigning laughter)

Chris: Idle Thumbs isn’t ending!

(short silence followed by laughter)

Chris: Oh no, it actually is, I’m sorry.

Jake: Uhh…HMM!

Chris: Sorry that was in poor taste maybe.

Jake: That was terrible.

Chris: Umm, so anyway…

Jake: That was the spinning bow-tie of this conversation.

(Chris laughs)

Nick (laughing): Yeah.