ysbreker

Idle thumbs London meet!

Right. I'm off to London tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet before October 31st. Let Marek know. I'm staying at his place.

I've not been involved in the forums that long but I'll be at the Eurogamer Expo on the 30th (the Friday) and would be well up for meeting some fellow Thumbs.

I don't have any suggestions or preference of a meeting point though as my knowledge of London is pretty non-existant.

It seems that I too will be at Eurogamer, but it seems that there are two of them so… What the fuck does that mean ?

It means that it'll be in Leeds on Oct 27th and 28th, and in London on the 30th and 31st. I'll be at both for all four days since I'm working on it.

Fuck, just realised the 30th was a friday, I thought it was in my reading week also, damn. Either way I'm in leeds on the wednesday and maybe london on the saturday.

So it's definitely the Friday? I'll book my ticket, then.

A friend of mine is coming down to stare, doe-eyed at the people in the careers-fair, so I'll be with him, while trying to get some stone-cold scoops. I'm also going to a screening of Blue Velvet at the Tate in the evening, but I'm sure I'll be able to work some Thumb action in.

(My Saturday, however, is mostly free, so if there's any residual Thumb event, then I might be able to go to that, too)

So it's definitely the Friday?

Wait, it is? I can probably make it into London for Friday evening, but I won't be able to go to the expo itself until Saturday. I guess that doesn't really matter, unless somebody wanted to meet up during the day.

For once, I have not left something to the last minute and I booked my hotel for the friday a few blocks away from the fest. I think Saturday I'll be trying to mooch a couch off of someone. But that means that I'll be there 95% confirmed now.

OssK, when you heading down? Maybe we can take the same train*.

* assuming that's how you're getting there.

Sweet, I'll probably go Firday then as it seems like that's when most of you are? I'll be coming in from Oxford. Anyone else from the area?

I still have no idea what else is going on wrt thumbs meet that night, and I'm likely to be doing something with publishers meeting indie developers from 18:00 - 20:00.

The indie event I linked above is something I've been planning with Eurogamer for a while though. As I said, any thumbs are welcome to come down, but there's only so much space there so PM me if you'd like to.

(My Saturday, however, is mostly free, so if there's any residual Thumb event, then I might be able to go to that, too)

I may well be up for that, seeing as I cannot do the friday, with both a day full of lectures and a halloween party at night. Plus a friend is going on the saturday too.

Max Rebo, I'm in Oxford. I'll probably be heading in by train but I haven't really sorted out any timing or anything yet. I'm meeting a friend who'll already be there so it largely depends on that. If our plans match up at all though, I'll head into London with you.

Also it would be good to meet a fellow Oxford gamer! I have found them in short supply since moving here 3 years ago. I am somewhat of a hermit though.

Nachimir, I'm interested. I'll PM you.

Nachimir, I registered online for that event.

I'm around all Friday evening from 1730, including Nachimir's thing, then Saturday daytime until about 4. (I'm also generally around in the evenings, if anyone is in London and fancies a pint at any point.)

Nachimir, would the main pub you're using a room in also be a good place for the Thumbs meet? If so, may I suggest Thumbs start meeting there from 6pm Friday? If not, can anyone recommend a nice pub round there, or find one on beerintheevening.com? Is 6pm too early for everyone?

Is 6pm too early for everyone?

Unless I finish work early, it is for me. I would want to go home and drop my stuff off, which would be at about six, and allowing maybe half an hour to sort myself out and another to get into London, I'd be there at about seven. But I don't think we all need to turn up at once or anything, do we?

Right, well, I'm at the Blue Velvet screening from 6.30 onwards (until 8.30, I guess), so can't make something at 7pm. I'll be going to Nachimir's Show & Yell thingy after, though.

So, Friday is the definite meet day? Ossk and nowak when are you leaving ? I'm planning to take the Friday off and get a train around 9AM.

So, Friday is the definite meet day? Ossk and nowak when are you leaving ? I'm planning to take the Friday off and get a train around 9AM.

That's probably my plan too. I want to be in London close to opening, at least. Though the hotel I have booked doesn't have check-in until 2:30 which is a little annoying, but at least it's not too far from the site.

Tell me which train you're going on though. That's the only thing I haven't booked yet.

Right, so are we saying 1900ish at The Crosse Keys, 9 Gracechurch St, EC3V 0DR?

Nachimir, let us know if you want us to use a different pub nearby for any reason.

Right, so are we saying 1900ish at The Crosse Keys, 9 Gracechurch St, EC3V 0DR?
Awesome sentence. Starts as human readable text and ends up as robot code. 10/10