ysbreker

Idle thumbs London meet!

Right, so are we saying 1900ish at The Crosse Keys, 9 Gracechurch St, EC3V 0DR?

Nachimir, let us know if you want us to use a different pub nearby for any reason.

I'll be there. I think. It seems as though there's 20 different events happening at the same time and I'm being pulled between them all like Braveheart.

Anyone want to meet up at the Expo itself and do some Left 4 Dead 2 scavenging?

Nachimir, let us know if you want us to use a different pub nearby for any reason.

Nah, it's cool. :)

I just wish it had a bigger room and a bigger bar tab. The pub itself is cavernous.

Anyone want to meet up at the Expo itself and do some Left 4 Dead 2 scavenging?

On the Saturday, sure, but it sounds like everyone is going on the Friday, when I'm working during the day.

On the Saturday, sure, but it sounds like everyone is going on the Friday, when I'm working during the day.

I have tickets to both days but think that other obligations will keep me from it on Friday. I'm game for Saturday. I have a feeling I might be hung-over then, though.

Alors ? Vimes ? Quel train ? ^.^

Je sais pas encore; je serais peut-être en route pour Singapour d'ici là. Je te tiens au courant par PM ... ou dans ce thread.

I have tickets to both days but think that other obligations will keep me from it on Friday. I'm game for Saturday. I have a feeling I might be hung-over then, though.

I'm there for the saturday, and I will be hungover. Should be good though.

Uh sweet thing: I'll be there for a journalistic motive, so question : which ones of yous are video game making people and what are your functions ?

I'll probably be wanting to interview as much of you as I can :)

Oh and additional question : I'll probably be at Game City in Nottingham will any of you be there ?

It turns out my real-life friends left getting tickets TOO LATE and as such won't be able to come, so if anyone wants to hang around with some bloody Internet guy on the Saturday IN AN EXTENDED CAPACITY perhaps they should let me know and we can have a day of horrible awkwardness. Or I can just go around on my own and not have to worry about other people's interests. Either is fine.

So I'm definitely going to Eurogamer on the Friday. I'll be missing the sanctioned Thumbs meet, in favour of Blue Velvet, but I'm going to the Show & Yell thing.

I'll be around Brick Lane on the Saturday, so if there's any sort of residual Thumbs thing for the Saturday, I might be up for that.

Maybe we can get a hold of some ice cream vans, brew up some molotovs, and let loose in Shoreditch?

It turns out my real-life friends left getting tickets TOO LATE and as such won't be able to come, so if anyone wants to hang around with some bloody Internet guy on the Saturday IN AN EXTENDED CAPACITY perhaps they should let me know and we can have a day of horrible awkwardness. Or I can just go around on my own and not have to worry about other people's interests. Either is fine.

Sign me up. All the people I'm meeting up with in London are awkward internet people. Some I've talked to online, some I've met in person, some I've had dinner with, but all I've met online first. So it's less awkward for me than, you know, meeting non-internet people.

I'm running a fan meet for littlebigplanet peoples on the 30th at the expo, come find me in the psp lounge and say hi :)

I'm running a fan meet for littlebigplanet peoples on the 30th at the expo, come find me in the psp lounge and say hi :)

Never !

Oooh, someone (ie not me) should bring some sound recording equipment so we can record some European crowd soundbites for the podcasts!

Oooh, someone (ie not me) should bring some sound recording equipment so we can record some European crowd soundbites for the podcasts!

I have decent gear. And a good camera for extra embarrassment. :shifty:

Looks as if I may be unable to go, cry. As I have to work that night from 5 - 1am... Stupid student life.

But the next day there is a zombie pub crawl in Brighton, how many of you will be able to make it to that? I suppose nobody. But oh well.

Alternatively why not do your post-Expo drinking at The Open House in BRighton!!!

Alternatively why not do your post-Expo drinking at The Open House in BRighton!!!

By Road: If you were in a road vehicle maintaining an average speed of 40mph (64 kmh), it would take you approximately 1.1 hours to travel from London to Brighton

Average Speed Overall time

40 mph 1.1 hours

55 mph 0.8 hours

70 mph 0.6 hours

By Train: If you were in a train that averaged 100mph (160.9 kmh) it would take you around 0.4 hours to travel from London to Brighton

By Air: If you were in a plane and maintained an average airspeed of 450 mph (724.1 kmh), your travelling time would be approximately 0.6 hours for London to Brighton. (includes 30 mins fannying about time)

So where is this meet happening and where can I meet you guys?

I will also probably be at Nachimir's event.