Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 31: The Future of Games

I don't know what's worse: The fact that you can sell review copies of games, or that YOU SOLD PUFFINS.

Don't they punch out the barcode or have "promo copy - not for resale" printed on the disc or cartridge? Not that any of that matters to most stores, since Gamestop notoriously takes bootleg GBA and DS cartridges.

The skateboard/guitar/drums/vitality sensor/Natal rants fucking slayed me. Brought to mind this awesome Patton Oswalt bit:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_xDjhkOU4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_xDjhkOU4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Since the thumbs aren't working, I think this is an appropriate substitute:

Mullet-NES.jpg

Is that a young Pat Sharpe?

Anyone else becoming scarily dependent upon these podcasts?

I've listened to each episode like a hundred times each.

I've listened to each episode like a hundred times each.

I'm developing a disconcerting habit of listening to the entire archive over the course of a month or so, then thinking "what can I listen to now? weeelllll....." and going back to the start once more.

That being said, I'm pretty sure a certain review of the Doom movie is mentioned in the second episode, does such a thing exist on our current-day internet?

Mullet-NES.jpg

That has got to be the most namby pamby thumbs up I have ever seen.

Hey, so when my iBook was new (2001) I got a copy of Unreal Tournament GOTY edition. This was after playing the snot out of the demo. I guess I was the only guy who wasn't satisfied with just the demo from the sounds of it. Anyway, is this the version that's referred to as Unreal Tournament '99 in ye olde podcaste? I still have the CD and I want to futz around with it a bit more on my new Macbook, but I'm having a hard time finding info on it and I think this naming is the reason why. Basically, it was an OS 9 game, then there was an OS X update for that, which I have somewhere, but now I need an Intel version if there is one. :blink:

Edited by Chuckpebble

nah, I also played a shit load of Unreal Tournament

picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=11

The only difference back then was we didn't all go on the internet and complain about the fact that there were too many gosh dang peripherals.