Ben X

'Time Gentlemen, Please!' from Size Five Games

Yep, I'm blind. Didn't notice the

feather the parrot dropped

. :grin:

Just beat it. Deffo one of the best adventure games I've played recently. Laughing my ass off most of the time. The cheeky facial expressions on Dan and Ben were a great touch. Absolutely love the map which gives access to every single room in the game, and the insane amount of time and thought given to inventory item combination dialogues. I hope this ushers in a new era where game writers never use the phrase "I can't use these things together," and where semi-logical solutions have logical responses.

(I'd put many thumbs up here if they were still working on the forum. :yep:)

I downloaded Ben There, Dan That the other day. Really, really impressed so far. Very good stuff. Will no doubt download TGP before the week is out, if I finish BTDT or not.

Or maybe I'm just saying that, to cover up that I'm only checking it out because Toblix said so.

Mystery.

There's no shame in doing what Tobix tells us, Nevsky!

Sorry for the bump, guys, just wanted to let any of you who had trouble with Paypal on our site know that we've sacrificed aesthetics for robustness, so it should all be working fine now.

Okay, I'm stuck. I have to get past the guy guarding the tower, and all the hints I get from Dan is that I have to do what I just said. WTF do I have to get PLIERS or something? I don't know what to do HELP ME!

Extra! Extra!

From Twitter:

@thezombiecow Just finished Time Gentlemen, Please. What an awesome game. The ending was brillo. When's the next one out?
@toblix: never, I'm afraid. :(

Well what the fuck.

Ha ha! Our current position is that we'll start to think about a sequel if TGP hits 10 000 sales...

Glad you enjoyed it!

Mmm, I stuck at the very beginning : I've chosen the stealth approach and now I can't think of anyway to put it in practice.

Also, how are the sales going ?

Mmm, I stuck at the very beginning : I've chosen the stealth approach and now I can't think of anyway to put it in practice.

Also, how are the sales going ?

Let's put it this way: we haven't started the sequel yet..! It's doing okay, but we're hoping for a spike when we get some stuff in print soon. But arsehole pirates have already got their grubby mitts on it.

Don't worry about the stealth approach, btw! Need a hint..?

What's the best way of funding you guys other than just buying more copies of TGP?

toblix, the proceeds go directly to them... so couldn't you just buy ten of the things?

toblix, the proceeds go directly to them... so couldn't you just buy ten of the things?

Sure, if I know they get all the money and not just some percentage.

Hello! Yeah, the orange donate button on the home page is the best way. Thanks for your support, guys!

Right, there it is. The sad thing is that donations do not increment the TGP sales counter.

Yay! Amazing, thanks toblix! Donations will be taken into account when considering the marketplace realities of making another one!

This looks really fun! I saw that Monkey Island just landed on the app store and it made me think of you guys. So...

On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely do you think an iPhone port of this lovely game would be?

Hmmmm, that would be a question for Dan, but I'm guessing '1'. I'll point him towards this thread!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely do you think an iPhone port of this lovely game would be?

Fairly unlikely, I'm afraid. I think it'd probably rely on AGS getting an iPhone port, which I suppose isn't impossible.

I don't know/ understand the architecture, but I'd look into it if it became possible.

So 1 on your little scale, I'm afraid. Failing that, 0.

Hmmmm, that would be a question for Dan, but I'm guessing '1'. I'll point him towards this thread!

I have no idea how much work it would entail, being a consumer and not a creator by any means - but a title with the attention yours is getting seems like it would make a splash in the app store, and the interface seems perfect for adventure games.

How much fucking work can it be? You just shrink the graphics to fit the iphone screen, then make it so you can click on stuff instead of using the mouse. Just do the verb toggling with two fingers or some shit. Even I can come up with this in a couple of minutes. Jesus, game developers sometimes amaze me with their laziness.