Thyroid

Shadow of the Colossus: the movie

I can only imagine this coming out and looking exactly like that

that came out a couple years ago.

Whats the chances this film will all be in a made up language with subs, i'd love that

w/e man they should do it without subs! I'd watch a movie that was mostly no dialogue as long as it wasn't like 3 hours.

Just for the booming god voice would need subs like in the game.

The cross chatter between the characters on screen can go without.

Could you do this entirely without subs? Actually a boom god voice in a movie would be really silly, they should probably remove that and just have the protagonist looking at murals n shit.

Did anyone see troll hunter? (i actual found it insanely boring and fast forwarded through the final 1/3rd of the film) There are colossi sized trolls in it

and then he finds that one invincible turtle in the middle of the map, and it's like "did I find a secret here? am I supposed to collect this? what the hell is this." and he shoots it with arrows for a few minutes.

spoilers!!

also, the should speak in that made up language

I'm all horrified and stuff until I thought of a scenario that I think might work:

You use a Lost-style flashback structure. In the 'present' Wander is killing colossi all on his lonesome, which serve as the action sequences. In the 'past' you see the backstory, with Wander at his village, and eventually it becomes clear that he's killing these colossi because his girlfriend's dying and it's apparently the only way to save her. That kind of structure would allow you to have the quiet moments of Wander just on his own in an empty world, and would allow you to invent a plot that doesn't need to intrude on the 'present'.

You can't make something that feels like the game, obviously, but you can make something that shares some of its spirit. Honestly I think the director and writer would be capable of this - Chronicle and Hanna were both really interesting films.

That said, I still think the biggest problem they have is the people they're trying to attract with the license will refuse to see the movie on principle. It'd be much wiser for them to work out how to make a Shadow of the Colossus movie, then carefully remove all traces of the license and present it as entirely new. Like they did for the Monkey Island movie.

Which, in fact, wasn't presented as new but as a different license! Maybe the SotC movie could be repackaged as a really depressing Clash Of The Titans sequel?