Tanukitsune

I have HOW many unbeaten games? *foams at mouth*

Really? I've played the first two episodes... does it get better?

Yeah. Way better. Episode Four especially. That was...man. So awesome. The last two episodes rank among the best games I've ever played. I also really loved Episode Three.

Yeah. Way better. Episode Four especially. That was...man. So awesome. The last two episodes rank among the best games I've ever played. I also really loved Episode Three.

Oooh! Excellent. Thanks for that, I think you've just increased my interest in them enough to actually play and complete them (finally!).

I have 2 unbeaten games. The first is Stormrise, simply because it's so s**t I couldn't be bothered to continue playing it, the second is Empire Total War cus I got bored.

As posted in another thread I just finished Eternal Sonata after owning it for a year and aa\ half.

I tried to finish Condemened: Criminal Origins today. I had to go round to a friend's house to play it because the game freaks me out too much when I play on my own.

I went from chapter 4 to the very end of chapter 10 (the final chapter) and stopped short at the 'boss'. They mentioned in a podcast how sometimes you hit the wall and don't come back to a game, ever. I think that might have happened for me there.

Time to get cracking with Operation Darkness *groan*.

I know I don't have to.

Sorry I make it sound like I hate these games but for me it is more like the kid in the sweet shop who, instead of eating what he has, just wants to keep filling his pockets. Something that is only going to end in either financial ruin or game/sugar overload.

I'd like to pick uo Ninja Blade and Chronicles of Riddick, but I can't justify the purchase to myself until I shift some of the back catalogue that grew over the Christmas perod (I haven't even completed Bioshock from over a year ago).

Don't bother, the game suffers as a whole for the last ten minutes.

That comment sounds like it could apply to both Bioshock and Condemned.

I'm still on Level 2 or something in Bioshock so I have a ways to go before the terrible last 10 minutes, that is unless you are actually talking about Condemned. It was great, creepy and brutal in its depiction of violence but the last level, oh dear.

For all of you who like itemising stuff create a profile here:

http://backloggery.com/

I've been using it for a while and it helps me force myself to complete stuff.

Ooh! This could be useful, but... I don't get the mastered games part... isn't that a bit subjective? How do you master Super Mario Bros.? By beating it without the Warp Zones? It's easy with more modern games, but not with the older ones...:erm:

Yeah a lot of the mastered games set are done by the obsessives who stream themselves doing speed playthroughs.

I think they have them archived somewhere, the punch-out one that some one showed me was both awesome and hilarious.

I can't think of any goals to set myself so I'm sticking to 'Beat' or 'Completed' as the statuses (I also agree that the word beaten doesn't feel right).

Also a good feature is the Fortune Cookie that selects a random game from your list and tasks you with completing (sure you can ignore it but where is the fun in that?)

BioShock's ending was its weakest part, but it's still a great game.

I entirely agree. In actuality I need to stop buying games, I have 20+ unfinished on 360 and countless others on older consoles.

Ooh! This could be useful, but... I don't get the mastered games part... isn't that a bit subjective? How do you master Super Mario Bros.? By beating it without the Warp Zones? It's easy with more modern games, but not with the older ones...:erm:

You could play the Gameboy Color version Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. That has all sorts of medals and high scores you have to earn. It's kind of not fun after a while, but I think I mastered it.

If you extrapolate the thought in the other direction, if you have so many unbeaten games, should be buying as many in the future? I thought about this a while ago, me spending 40 pounds on a game and maybe only getting a few hours out of it seemed a bit of waste. It has made me a lot more circumspect about which games I buy now. Of course, now I'm a doley, I don't have a great deal of choice anyway... :deranged:

Maybe I shouldn't have used Backloggery...

sig.gif

You can click on the "U" to see the full list...

I HAVE OVER FOUR HUNDRED UNBEATEN GAMES!:deranged:

Ok... THIS MEANS WAR! And that I mean I will use ANY MEANS possible to beat them... Without actually ruining the game...

Even if I beat a game a week it's going to take nearly EIGHT years to beat them all!

Here's how you can help... Tell me if any of the games actually END, I might have added a game that's a never ending scorefest... Do pinball games end?:erm:

If you see any games you know that are short, tell me so I can tackle them first...

I'm probably going to play that bunch of old text games first... with a walkthrough... Those games are evil and if you try to have fun you get eaten by grues and have to restart...

Many of them are kind duplicates... I have Sonic CD on Sega CD, PC and in the Sonic Gems Collection for example.

Many of them are games I'm not sure I've beaten.... I might get lucky and see a clear save near when I play them...

Many of them are old PC games, maybe I'll get "lucky" and they'll refuse to run on Vista...

If you extrapolate the thought in the other direction, if you have so many unbeaten games, should be buying as many in the future? I thought about this a while ago, me spending 40 pounds on a game and maybe only getting a few hours out of it seemed a bit of waste. It has made me a lot more circumspect about which games I buy now. Of course, now I'm a doley, I don't have a great deal of choice anyway... :deranged:

One thing is for sure.... I'm not buying any full priced games anytime soon!

Maybe a Steam sale game and other cheaper games, but I'm buying a new game unless I get my list down to 350-300 unbeaten games...

I don't know if I have a bit of OCD or what, but I'm going to be freaking out a bit until the list goes down a little...

you never completed any of the keen games?! Or Diablo, or Diablo 2, or...

do you stop playing a game everytime you buy one?

you never completed any of the keen games?! Or Diablo, or Diablo 2, or...

do you stop playing a game everytime you buy one?

The Keen games are in the "I can't remember if I beat them" category...

When I buy a new game I either quit the one I'm playing, or wait until I beat the one I'm playing at the moment, either way I get a backlog...

And I did have a bit of a mad collector mood for a while... ;(

Does that list allow us to add weightings to the games? So that you can start playing the more worthwhile ones first, and maybe forget about any rubbish ones.

Does that list allow us to add weightings to the games? So that you can start playing the more worthwhile ones first, and maybe forget about any rubbish ones.

You can rate your own games, I have no idea if you can rate other people's list, but I think you can comment?

Man, you must SUCK at video games :grin:

I could list the games I HAVE beaten there, but I'm too busy playing the unbeaten ones! :grin:

I set up an account there and entered some of my stuff. I love the fortune cookie.:tup:

Anyway, I'd list the games I have yet to finish but I'm ashamed of my anemic library, so I'll just say I've only beaten about 20% of the games I own.