Tanukitsune

I have HOW many unbeaten games? *foams at mouth*

If you see any games you know that are short, tell me so I can tackle them first...

Apart from Bikini Battle Babes (I think that's the first time I heard of someone actually getting that), the PC list overlaps my childhood so much. :grin:

Bureaucracy is short, and has the added bonus of needing a strategy guide to beat in any sane timespan.

Eric the Unready was one of the more straightforward Legend Entertainment adventure games.

Gobliiins was short, although you need to abuse the save/load system so the guessing penalties don't sap your health.

Metal Slug Advance should be short, so long as it gives you infinite lives like the Anthology collection. Each Metal Slug game is an hour of beautifully pixeled action.

Rayman 2 is moderately long, but worth playing and not excessively challenging (though the rocket flying parts near the end might be annoying on a keyboard.

If you see any games you know that are short, tell me so I can tackle them first...

I remember Commander Keen 1 being short, although all the sequels get progressively longer. I don't think I've ever successfully beaten Keen 5, as I found that one to be the hardest one. Also you have some Commander Keen games in two different places.

Out of this World can be beaten in less than an hour if you know what to do and don't die.

You can beat the classic Prince of Persia in less than an hour too, if you know what to do. Of course I realize the game has a time limit of an hour as well, but you'll be dying tons of times before that. Prince of Persia 2 has a two hour limit, but I don't like that one as much, so have never beaten it.

I remember Quest for Glory 1 and 3 being completed very quickly by myself. The only reason 1 took longer was because of a learning curve to understand exactly how the system works, but once you know that, you can quickly get through all of them. I never finished 5 though, it was ugly and seemed too overwhelming.

King's Quest 1-4 are all really short, but prepare to have a walkthrough out. I think they are all not designed very well. I remember King's Quest IV having something ridiculously frustrating in a cave or something. King's Quest VII is extremely easy, but will probably take a longer amount of time to complete. I really don't like VII though.

None of the Game Gear Sonic games will take you very long in the Mega Collection if you utilize the save states. Same thing on the Sonic Gems collection of Game Gear games.

Space Quest 1-3 are all very short, but can be frustrating if you forget items. They are significantly less frustrating than King's Quest games. Space Quest IV is a short game, but there's a lot to explore, and there are some really obnoxious parts that require precision mouse clicking that might lengthen game time.

Worms 2 has a very small amount of developer made missions/levels, so that shouldn't take you too long. The main appeal of that game was playing multiplayer online or with a friend. Armageddon had really impossible missions that I have never beaten forcing me to completely gave up on that game. So good luck.

I see you have Earthworm Jim on Sega CD. If you were to get the PC version of the Special Edition, it would go much faster, as you can start from whatever level you left off on, hard, medium, and easy, making the game easy to complete within a matter of hours.

Also good luck completing Chu Chu rocket on Game Boy Advance. There's like 3000 levels. If you don't use a guide, it'll take you forever. If you do use a guide, then what's the point of finishing the puzzle game other than to make the ridiculously high level count finish faster? I didn't try to answer the question and gave up on this game. The Dreamcast version on the other is rather short, so you should give that one a go.

I finally beat it about 5 minutes ago. I'd gotten stumped at the last part of Chariots of the Dogs and didn't go back until about a week ago. Just finished Beelzebub, and it was incredibly good. I lol'd repeatedly, which was awkward, as I was wearing headphones and playing while the girlfriend is trying to sleep in the same room. Really clever, and only fell victim to adventure game-y "why the hell would I ever have done THAT if Max hadn't given me a hint?" a couple of times.

Fishing for the Mime Sweeper cartridge? Really?

All in all, it's been a good week or two for finishing games. I've been doing a Sony exclusive run. Resistance 1, which I'd previously only gotten halfway through, is now done. As is it's sequel, which I picked up for half price knowing I'd want to play it eventually. Did it in two sittings, and enjoyed it greatly. Finally, I bought inFamous, beat it as a good guy, then earlier today, beat it as evil. I'm tempted to count that as two games, but I may be accused of doctoring my score, so I'm just going to call it one. That makes 4 games finished over the past 10-ish days. 5 if you count the two Sam and Max episodes as two games instead of one season. Yay!

My last beaten games was Kirby's Avalanche and Freddi Fish 4. I'm currently working on unlocking the final two planets I need in Meteos. I'm doing this all wrong.