Chris

Idle Thumbs 23: At the Mountains of Money

The future of video games:

Micro-transaction quick time event !

You want to dodge that car ? Pay 99c !

Yeah, those instant achievements violate TOS, and anyone found to have used one gets all their bonus weapons locked again for a number of weeks.

See here

I accidently found a bug where you can get a thousand doublejump in mere seconds. Just jump staning in the doorway of the first blu spawnarea of goldrush and watch the counter go.

I'm usually not interested in DLC but I don't mind it either when it actually means additional content and not something that should have been there in the first place. Even before seeing the iPhone event example, my worst nightmare was a ridiculously hard level with no save points where you have to escape hordes of zombies or whatever unarmed. When you finally end up in a room and find a weapon you get the "Would you like to purchase this shotgun for 99c?" message.

Also, being forced to the unlock new weapons with achievements in TF2 doesn't bother me, but I probably wouldn't buy a game that made me pay extra just to get the rest of the guns everyone is using.

Great episode guys! The inevitable Haw song was fantastic as were the puffins!

I've listened to 10-15 game podcasts/week for the past two years, and yours just became my favorite (or at least the one I most look forward to every week). So good work, or something.

Seriously, you guys are clearly friends, and you have great chemistry. I also don't get a fanboy or snob vibe from any of you...just 3 funny guys who enjoy games...and you're either very quick witted, or you edit the hell out of the show!

I was motivated to join the community and post because it was terrific to hear a podcast acknowledge that some folks are making some really remarkable stuff in LittleBigPlanet. Now that the search engine works, it's truly become the Youtube of video games, and I really think it will have legs.

Keep casting your pod, and I'll keep listening.

The future of video games:

Micro-transaction quick time event !

You want to dodge that car ? Pay 99c !

Don't worry, after the "press x to pay 99c and not die" prompt you get a kickin rad Chump Change Achievement