Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 20: Idle Thumbs 2000

The site could be a lot better than it is, both in terms of presentation of information (wouldn't it be cool to be able to check in on Steve and Duncan and Marek's excellent blogs, for instance?) and under the hood (the front page is basically one giant background image right now, which is horrible!).

Maybe I just really like the little forum button.

You bum :deranged:

My machines don't have windows you insensitive cloth.

Mine neither, but let's face it, if you don't have windows, how can you see what's wrong inside ?

I don't think I've been to the main page in ages. I get the podcast through iTunes, and come straight to the forum url. Who goes to the main page, anyway?

I do, because I don't use iTunes or the RSS feed.

Why use an 8 bit png?

The reason you should use 8 bit png's instead of GIF's is that 9 times out of 10 the 8bit png has a smaller filesize. And smaller files mean less bandwidth usage.

Anyway, CSS has a lot of amazing positives, but I am tired of people treating it like a religion, and denying any advantages of the things that it replaced. I am admittedly probably an old grandpa stuck in the past, but it kills me to see people kill themselves to accomplish stupidly simple things, and then admonish me for achieving them. I know you weren't doing that to any notable degree, ys, but you apparently touched a nerve!

Oops, sorry about that :) But yeah, I am one of those guys who likes to tinker with stylesheets and html all day so I might have sounded a bit preachy. Anyway, my offer still stands: if you want a hand with the html/css let me know.

Anyway, how about that latest Video game news, eh?

It wasn't my intention to kick Jake and Idle Thumbs in the bollocks by proffering good will either.

I love the homepage design; it has large, clearly visible bollocks and it shakes them in your face with aplomb. So much more interesting than a lot of similar sites out there.

There's also nothing wrong with the layout, interface or information design. So don't get too defensive, Jake. No-one meant any harm I'm sure.

zomg... idle thumbs went soft,

what's next? rainbows and ponies?

Anyways, I guess I missed the Hugo's House of Horrors reference. I really hated those games, but I played through them all when I was young, stiffing it out through all aches and pains of illogical puzzles, trying to get my dad to ask people at his work who may have played it on what to do next.

Fuck, why were those games so terrible?

Because they were incredibly early attempts? When I was about 4 years old, I had exactly 4 games. Lemmings, and all 3 of the Hugo series. All four of those games still have a very special place in my heart.

1990 and up aren't what I'd consider early attempts at adventure games. Early attempts from the designer, I can somewhat understand. The Hugo 3d Wolfenstein clone was even worse though.

I guess I played through them all for the same reasons as you but my heart has nothing but hate inside for Hugo and Penelope.

Hey, I noticed that you started talking in your native languages in that episode, weird !

AAAAW, you totally got me... Hook line and sinker, man.

"What the... episode 20? Now what kind of jerk would revive a thread that old, there's NO REASON to...

OH SNAP A REASON. Sorry to add to the zombie, the reference just blew my mind a little bit. I'm okay now.