Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Can I sleep on your sofa?

Hello,

I got a bit bored of sitting at home and applying for jobs in vain, so I asked my friends if they wanted to buy a car and drive through Europe and to my surprise they said yes, because they are also bored and jobless.

We don't have much of a plan so far, except that we want to drive through France, Spain and Portugal and maybe somehow swim to Africa or something.

The two guys who'll be accompanying me are very lovely, both worked at the NCsoft dev studio and were made redundant at the same time as the rest of us. One is ex-Bullfrog/Lionhead, so you will enjoy picking his brains. The other is "souveran", which I think means "sauve" in German. Both are cool and if you have a sister who is single, I will try to set her up with one of them as payment for your kind deeds.

Marek would probably be accompanying us except that he has a job now.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you have sofas to give up for a few days at some point. We might not be going your way, or we might, I don't know yet, but it would be cool to get some idea of the amount of sofas that are available to crash on, and where those sofas are in the world :)

I will repay you with sweet music on the guitar we'll be taking on. Also you can help paint flowers on our car. Ken will let you wear his favourite jumper, and Rene will give you brownie points, and I will be your best friend forever.

Ken will not let you wear his favorite jumper.

Other than that, the descriptions are pretty accurate.

Should you pass through Arnhem, The Netherlands, I have a cornucopia of wonderful sofas for you to crash on.

Spaff's not joining the trip?

Ken will not let you wear his favorite jumper.

Other than that, the descriptions are pretty accurate.

iPhoneFeb09643-1.jpg

No Spaff isn't, he hates anything outside of Brighton :) Plus we're going to be on a tight budget and sleeping in cars and tents, which is the opposite of Spaff.

Okay fine, you are wearing his jumper. What you did have to do for it? Punch him on the nose? Punch him in the knees? The crotchial region?

I did actually steal it, yes ;( then I took a picture quickly and took it off before he came back from the bathroom ;(

Rodi, Netherlands sounds awesome. Rene can speak Dutch actually, I think. Not that he'd need to probably :)

I am satisfied with that answer.

P.S. Hi other forumers: we are a horrible two-person clique. I'm stepping away from this thread now.

You can be part of this clique if you let me sleep on your sofa! Then you'll understand SOOO many in-jokes!

If you're doing bits of the UK too, we have two living rooms full of sofas and stuff.

However, Nottingham kind of sucks. It's full of squealing hen parties at night and Nottingham castle isn't even a castle because some dudes burned it down hundreds of years ago, then some other dudes replaced it with a country house :tdown:

I doubt you'll be driving through Canada, but there would be a Calgary couch available to you were I not soon going to be in the midst of a move.

That sounds like a pretty sweet plan.

Portugal is pretty awesome and Spain is nice too. Sadly I'm back in the arctic climes of Montreal or else I would gladly offer you a sofa or two.

There is a couch availabe at my place in Haarlem aswell. But I doubt it can fit 3 people :/

I would, but I'm in the exact wrong direction. So this is a symbolical couch-offer.

*ponders safety of sleeping on internet people's sofas*

Hmm. One of my exes had socks like yours. I liked them, but they always made me think I was about to be kicked. Which I promptly was on break-up. :hmph:

Edited by Kroms

On most forums it would be a bit dodgy Kroms, but as you probably know there are a number of folks who have been on Idle Forums for years now and gotten to know each other, and have met each other in real life before.

Anyway, I'd be more worried about letting internet people sleep on your sofa... Especially Yufster people. You're likely to find your household has suddenly acquired a pet wild seagull or some other random wildlife.

On most forums it would be a bit dodgy Kroms, but as you probably know there are a number of folks who have been on Idle Forums for years now and gotten to know each other, and have met each other in real life before.

Anyway, I'd be more worried about letting internet people sleep on your sofa... Especially Yufster people. You're likely to find your household has suddenly acquired a pet wild seagull or some other random wildlife.

Yeah, I figured. I'm not really an internet guy, so I don't know much about trusting people on the internet. Like, I've been on these forums for years but I hardly post at all, even though I kinda skim them every once in a while. Anyways.

You're likely to find your household has suddenly acquired a pet wild seagull or some other random wildlife.

I run that risk every time I go outside with my girlfriend anyway. She has a similar habit. As for trust, I'm pretty leery of the internet usually, but Thumbs, especially the old guard (pre-podcast members in good standing) have largely proven themselves to be awesome. There's a reason I've been here regularly for more than 4 years now.

What a great idea! I'm pretty jealous. Not of the lack of job, but my brain simply does not come up with fun ideas like this.

I reckon you'll have loads of fun. :yep:

If you ever find yourself in Australia and are near Melbourne I have a place that would easily fit. Have fun!

Does this mean you're going to do a Euro couch tour as well?

Also: That sucks man :/ I hope you find a new job, soon.

I don't think I will be doing the couch tour, no. I just wanted to tell someone, as I've been asked to not talk about it at work and couldn't find the other thread. :violin:

Sorry.