Wrestlevania

Street Fighter IV

That's a pretty big downside.

I wanted a stick but MadCatz's stupid supply constraints forced me to get a pad (needed something besides the regular XBox controller) and, frankly, I don't really want a stick anymore. It's more that sufficient for me. Most of my Street Fighting of yore was done on the SNES and not the arcade, so it's a throwback in that sense. Plus, it works very well with Mega Man 9 and Splosion Man.

There is a £135 version which includes all parts but the link to the console, which means those who can do it can have the best looking arcade stick on the 360.

So it seems as though my save file has been corrupted, which means that everything is lost. Over 130 hours worth of stats and titles and icons :(

Most of that shit I don't care about anymore since I had given up on completing the hard trials. But what does bug me, and seriously bugs me, is that I have to unlock all those fucking characters again. I can't use some of the characters I had been practicing online anymore because I have to tediously play the single player campaign. Once again I am reminded how shit unlockable content is and how artificial the whole design is. I've already spent 130 hours with this. It's good. You don't need to add this fucking bullshit to extend the life of the game. UGH.

You'd think with my leaderboard scores and rank points the game could figure out that "hey, this guy knows what he's doing. Let me unlock this stuff for you." But no, guess that's too much to ask for in this day and age.

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

That blows! :(

Games these days require so much time that losing all that would be horrendous. I doubt I could ever go back to a game that did that to me.

That blows! :(

Games these days require so much time that losing all that would be horrendous. I doubt I could ever go back to a game that did that to me.

seconded.

I have been improving my Abe game and now understand him better, not great yet though.

I'm fucking hopeless at this game. Can't even finish one char at medium level. Get halfway through (with Sagat), and come up against Abel or C Viper, both of whom spam me with focus/firestamp attacks respectively. Then I get frustrated and turn it off.

I'm fucking hopeless at this game. Can't even finish one char at medium level. Get halfway through (with Sagat), and come up against Abel or C Viper, both of whom spam me with focus/firestamp attacks respectively. Then I get frustrated and turn it off.

I have that same thing with Zangief, with Abel being my main, I have to get in there to do real damage, I am convinced the AI cheats though.

Most of that shit I don't care about anymore since I had given up on completing the hard trials. But what does bug me, and seriously bugs me, is that I have to unlock all those fucking characters again.

harsh.

I was listening to the troubles of the organisers of the West Coast Warzone tournament who bought all their consoles new for the event, and hence had to go through each and every machine unlocking everyone.

harsh.

I was listening to the troubles of the organisers of the West Coast Warzone tournament who bought all their consoles new for the event, and hence had to go through each and every machine unlocking everyone.

Surely a savegame would suffice in that scenario... provided you didn't care about achievements?

After seeing that SF IV was for sale on Steam I googled and found a gamepad that has a good D-pad that works for PC and 360... And it seems both versions cost nearly the same!

And it seems I can still get the Collector's Edition for 40€....

Which version should I get? :erm:

After seeing that SF IV was for sale on Steam I googled and found a gamepad that has a good D-pad that works for PC and 360... And it seems both versions cost nearly the same!

And it seems I can still get the Collector's Edition for 40€....

Which version should I get? :erm:

If they are the same price or even a few euros difference, go for the special edition.

If they are the same price or even a few euros difference, go for the special edition.

No I mean the non special edition has the same price on 360 and PC at this moment, which is 20, the special is 40.

No I mean the non special edition has the same price on 360 and PC at this moment, which is 20, the special is 40.

the only advantage to the PC version I can see would be mods, which aren't great. Can't say which version is better.

the only advantage to the PC version I can see would be mods, which aren't great. Can't say which version is better.

Well, the PC has some nifty filters that can make it look like a watercolor painting or a poster...

But I could pay 20€ more and get the special 360 version which comes with two figures, a movie, exclusive unlockable content and a guise with special art about the new characters...

I'm downloading the benchmark thingie which will tell if I can run it, but I guess it will?

Oh, and they both have support for Live, so I'd get achievements for both... But what happens if you buy both versions? Does like consider it only one game?:hmph:

EDIT: According to the benchmark, I have to reduce the settings super low to make it run well enough.... I don't want to play Street Fighter at 800*600 and those special effects exclusive? They looked kinda horrible to me...

I guess the 360 version it is?!:erm:

Edited by Tanukitsune

Well, the PC has some nifty filters that can make it look like a watercolor painting or a poster...

But I could pay 20€ more and get the special 360 version which comes with two figures, a movie, exclusive unlockable content and a guise with special art about the new characters...

I'm downloading the benchmark thingie which will tell if I can run it, but I guess it will?

Oh, and they both have support for Live, so I'd get achievements for both... But what happens if you buy both versions? Does like consider it only one game?:hmph:

The actual figures are tiny, and the games are separate, despite having the same achievement list

The actual figures are tiny, and the games are separate, despite having the same achievement list

So I could get both and twice the achievements then? :mock:

So you have the special edition? How is the movie that comes with it?

To get my benchmark rating from E to B I had to set everything to minimum... Which removes backgrounds... ;(

So I could get both and twice the achievements then? :mock:

So you have the special edition? How is the movie that comes with it?

To get my benchmark rating from E to B I had to set everything to minimum... Which removes backgrounds... ;(

No I don't have the SE, A friend does and said it's not worth the difference, figures are nice, the movie is pretty cheesy apparently.

No I don't have the SE, A friend does and said it's not worth the difference, figures are nice, the movie is pretty cheesy apparently.

Hmm, I've watched a unboxing of the special edition on YouTube and I've seen the figures and the art book... I think I'll just get the normal version instead... :blink:

The PC version is on sale on Steam for this weekend - 50% off.

Yeah, but I can get the 360 version at Play.com for basically the same price, which is why I resurrected this thread! :mock:

I'm gonna throw a video out to show what I was a week ago.

7VD-T_k-ip0

vtVaJddbCRo

Yeah, I lost horribly in the second game.

Excitement's in the air as a big announcement is coming tomorrow, although there's already a lot of hints, speculation, rumours as to what it is: a Super Street Fighter IV. Lots of new characters (from SF2, Alpha, and 3) and new Ultras and other shit. I hope they balance out my Vega a bit more so he doesn't suck (relatively speaking) so much. Also I hope that all the new stuff doesn't take away from the fine balance and precision of SFIV. It'd hate for them to overcomplicate this game.

How is he holding that cup!? He must be related to StrongBad! :eek:

Figures, the moment I finally order a copy of SFIV, rumors of Super Street Fighter IV appears on the net... I hopes it's DLC, back in the day these things were basically expansions and nowadays such things tend to only exist in DLC?:erm:

I hope the fix the Shoryuken movements, damn being able to push diagonally down towards the enemy is really shit.