Wrestlevania

Street Fighter IV

I have just pre-ordered Street Fighter IV on Xbox 360, and my trousers are tightening already! That is all. :tup:

Well, except to say that, what with only 1.5 weeks to go, you still can't order any of the new Mad Catz SFIV controllers here in the UK. :tdown:

More frustrating still, I'd really like the Gouki/Akuma version of the control pad, but it's not being released in the UK at all. :tdown::tdown:

In summary:

UFS___Akuma__s_Hadoken_by_UdonCrew.jpg

Original painting by *UdonCrew

I also cannot wait for this and am awaiting delivery of the Collectors Edition :D.

Regarding the Tournament Edition stick, I have heard that they are having issues getting enough ready in time and sent to Capcom Europe let alone retailers and consumers!

Time for Street Thumb Fighter meetups. I've been looking forward to this game, but have been debating whether I want to get it on 360 or PS3. I just like the DualShock better for this type of game, but I might be getting one of those MadCatz pads instead (I considered the high-end stick, but it's almost $200 :deranged:) and stick with 360.

I wasn't too much of a fan of Street Fighter 3, but I loved everything SF2 and look forward to jumping into a game built in that mold.

Can't wait for this, got it preordered on PS3 because the d-pad is far better.

LP+LP+F+LK+PPP

YES!

I loved the MegaDrive's 6-button "banana" pad myself, even though I used to play SCE with the 6-button Arcade Stick II. So I'm just glad to be able to use a similar controller again for arcade & emulated games. :gaming:

I hope they can get those new controllers over here soon though. I've been looking for a cheap Hori stick for 360 since they were released, but I've always missed them in the shops. We only ever seem to get one or two over here per local games shop, and I'm convinced the staff and/or their mates swipe them before they even go out on the shelves. :hmph:

Don't think "cheap" and "Hori stick" belong in the same sentence to be honest :fart:

I'd love an arcade stick, but then I'd have to re-buy loads of fighting games for my Triple and I can't really justify the outlay.

Game Station, one of the UK's biggest Video game chains, very occasionally sells the Hori stick for about half what it should go for. But every time I've been into several local branches and every time they've said they either don't have any or haven't even heard of the thing. :(

You're right, kept them for themselves or sold them to mates :cens0red:

...and now the only online shop in the UK I could pre-order one of the new controllers from is refusing any further pre-orders. Worse, they never sent me any notification that my pre-order was logged last week. So I'm trying to get confirmation from them now.

It's not looking good though and I may ultimately have to resort to

. ;(

Update:

As far as I can see no pre orders are listed on your account unfortunately.

:spiraldy:

Edited by Wrestlevania

Yeah, having trouble with the TE sticks here in Canada too. Apparently, our supply went to the States, so they won't be selling them here until March! Amazon.ca doesn't even have it listed.

SiN

People will no doubt slam Eurogamer's review - and others, inevitably - for relying heavily on nostalgia. But then I think that's entirely missing the point of what Street Fighter IV achieves and who it's aimed at.

Personally, I'm now more excited than ever. :tup:

A lot of the hardcore SF players and stick enthusiasts over on the SRK forums have now got their hands on the Madcatz sticks and the general response seems to be mixed - with a lot of the sticks apparently shipping broken out of the box or just not responding to inputs after a short while. Obviously a bunch of people are having no problems but thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh definitely, thanks for sharing, Ben.

After the quoted fiasco with ShitToo.net - and the apparent inability to get the hardware anywhere else (Amazon UK, Play.com) - I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be playing with the standard Xbox 360 controller.

Not ideal, but I'm almost past caring now. I've an unused wired version I bought for my PC years ago, so I'm going to modify that [see earlier link] and leave my two wireless controllers intact.

You guys think my Soul Caliber 4 arcade stick will work well enough with SF4? I'm thinking not, looks like the button layouts are different.

Went to EBgames today ... apparently when the wiki and every other freaking website says the game is coming out on the 17th, that actually means the 18th in EBgames stupid world!!! :(

Still, I guess I can wait another day.

Mo

By the way: anyone who fancies a good laugh/mope should read Backbone's horrendous Street Fighter IV: Flachback game proposal:

The flashback meter which lets players reverse time for up to four seconds by holding light punch + light kick. Other time powers like speeding up/slowing down opponents and recording/stocking specials were on the table.

The document proposed an optional New Millennium control scheme with four buttons and simplified special moves, [wherein] players would hold forward + punch [to throw a fireball]. Ryu’s dragon punch was mapped to down + punch and a hurricane kick could be done by pressing back + punch.

[it] had a single player mode called Ryu’s Journey. Taking a departure from traditional Street Fighter games this single player mode had platforming elements, God of War style 3D camera, playable cutscenes a la Resident Evil 4, and “an actual story worth telling.”

Find out how Ryu ends [up] at [an] all-girl ninja school, [as well as] playing meditation mini-game challenges with Dhalsim.

Utterly, utterly clueless, cretinous hacks. However, consider the looks on the faces of Capcom's finest when Backbone presented this, and you can rest a little easier I'm sure.

I had no idea you were such an SF fan... Did you pick up the HD Remix? If so, how do think it fared? I personally hated their previous XBLA port of Street Fighter (I'm sure it never used to be so insanely difficult), but I didn't pick up the HD Remix...