Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Game of the Year '08

Finally got the Game of the Year stuff up...

Dive into http://goty.cx!

Thanks to everyone who submitted suggestions -- we published pretty much any suggested GOTY as long as it had a few words reasoning behind it.

Got a game that we failed to mention? Talk about it here, maybe. Or don't. See if I care.

PS: Video games!

That's a very odd selection of games... :shifty:

Also: GTAIV < Fallout 3?! Hmmm.

My game of the year is definitely Grand Theft Auto IV: It raised the bar for what can be expected from a game. It could have been less immature, but in terms of sheer quality, attention to detail and polish, it was absolutely perfect. Other games have got to try a lot harder now.

Very cool...

I may be late, but who did that drawing with the thumbs?

...and the ring finger?

This was crapped together surprisingly quickly, so that hand was actually taken from sxc.hu, a free/royalty free stock image site. The ring was slapped on in Photoshop by yours truly.

Mmmm, why is there a ring by the way ? (I know I'm missing a joke, here :fart: )

The lack of Sam and Max: Season Two disturbs me.

None of the readers suggested it, so hey, it didn't end up in reader submissions.

Oh yeah. Whoops.

I didn't suggest it because it's pretty much the only game from 2008 I've been playing.

I am kicking myself for not mentioning Bionic Commando Rearmed alongside Mirror's Edge. The Swedes really outdid themselves in 2008 :clap: