Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Ad fail

This ad is still in rotation at gamesindustry.biz:

adfail.jpg

Someone should inform Intel that he's "pursuing new opportunities" now.

I'm so sad about that guy's mansion. If I ever get loads of money (or: loads of time when I'm retired) it's my dream to build a house that has all sorts of cool shit in it, including (but not limited to) secret underground passageways, a tower with circling stairs, a greenhouse on the roof, removable walls, trap doors, etc. etc. etc. Which is kinda what he's going for too. BUT I would make it look like an awesome French cottage/castle and let ivy grow on it and create a cool homely atmosphere inside instead of making a Mickey Mouse house made of concrete and shitty chipboard and has some plastic skulls in a cupboard or something. :shifty:

Jesus, that hacker is a jerk, feeling all self-righteous for hacking a game someone has worked on for years and rightfully wants some money and credit for. I don't know Garriot, maybe he's a dick as well, but this hacker is a little snot for taking it out on Garriot and throwing around insults on his blog, while he was the one stealing and hurting.

The irony is that this guy is just as sickeningly glib about his accomplishments as he accuses Garriot of being.

You're thinking of Branson.

Nah, it was Lord British...

There's zero chance of me confusing Garriot with Branson, I think...

Other sirs in the gaming world: Sir Peter Molyneux, "Sir" Geoff Grammond (as dubbed by Amiga Power), Sir... ?

Just to be clear, I was in no way endorsing that link. It was just something topical I saw a while ago. I believe the comment I left on del.icio.us was "douchebags all around".