Sign in to follow this  
BigJKO

IdleThumbs through the years - Word for word

Not that busy at work, I stumbled on a program for generating word clouds. So, I though I'd try and see how much I could get it to do. Copy-pasted a bunch of articles, news, interviews throughout the archives of IdleThumbs and ended up with this.

idlethumbsSmall.jpg

Here's the bigger version, although you still can't see the really small words on the side.

Hope you like it!

I'd actually be more interested in a word cloud of all the forum posts. Still cool! :tup: Good work on making it look appropriate for the Thumb

So, is it just the font size that's taken into account when scaling, or does the covered area of the word matter?

Wow, cool. It's interesting to see Jake's name mentioned way bigger than anyone else's! :)

I wouldn't have it any other way. It may be because I went through bouts of writing a lot of news, and the old Idle News stuff had a tendency to be amazingly potent food for search scripts, parsers, bots, and the like.

My favorite fucking thing, though is that the two biggest words are "game" and "games." I wish one of them was "Video" though. That would have made me print it out and hang it up possibly.

That's fantastic, and I love what you did with the Idle Thumbs one, BigJKO. I would definately buy that as a poster.