Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Eurogamer expo 28-29 Oct, come play indie games, thumbs meet up?

Why, because the buggers failed to find a big enough venue? ;)

I kid, it's great. I didn't expect that to happen at all.

it is on-going as i type, it's really busy but yeah going well :)

I am broken and full of evil cold though, gahhh

Marek is wandering about somewhere, and Dan is manning the left4dead area I think... wearing a beret... video games played: 0

It's sold out.... DOH!

Impressive giving the stupid timing. Although I guess it is school holiday time again.

It was awesome, massive pity it sold out though :(. It got fairly quiet in the evenings, so I reckon they could have opened more places for people.

The Plain Sight LAN was awesome, good to meet Alex again and Eljay too. Also, if you haven't played it, play War Twat. It's truly excellent. The record by the time we finished on Wednesday was an epic 1 minute 40 secs and 1749 points :tup:

I feel for you Spaff (he was working 08:00 - 22:00 every day :eek: )

I will soon have photos of Spaff demonstrating some of the choice bits of Expo swag.

I only just got around to posting my photos. Eljay, Alex and Marek recording part of the podcast:

3123853828_ecb850dcd2_m.jpg

Spaff trying out a Lionhead yoyo:

3123848642_89d659dac7_m.jpg

We were excited until it stopped lighting up and stuck at the bottom. Once again, we realised Peter Molyneux had filled our hearts with hope and excitement and dreams, only to cruelly dash them on release day.

Way more here.

I tried to use that Lionhead yoyo when Spaff got home. It wound all the way down, then spun at the bottom of the string for a few seconds, and then it made a "pop" sound and disintegrated completely.

I tried to put it all back together but it was too broken.

Poor quality yoyo. Very disappointing experience.

I also offered the remnants of it to an ex-Lionhead employee and he was very unhappy as it brought back really terrible memories for him.

I tried to use that Lionhead yoyo when Spaff got home. It wound all the way down, then spun at the bottom of the string for a few seconds, and then it made a "pop" sound and disintegrated completely.

But don't you see? This is what happens when you don't read Mr Molyneux's included letter regarding "how to properly yo Lionhead yo-yos". :getmecoat