Thrik

50 Cent: Blood On The Sand

I like the way he has a wide-eyed rictus of horror on his face whenever he turns to the camera behind cover, like the situation is actually scaring the fucking pants off him (as it no doubt would do).

holy shit, the screen is filled with HUD crap.

I believe that is in fact 'screen bling'.

Not so much "scared shitless" as "reanimated corpse"; there's absolutely no life in that face whatsoever. And the early reports of it essentially being a reskin of The Club seem pretty accurate from that trailer.

There are billboards for this up all over Nottingham :tmeh:

Like how that video shows the advanced teammate AI standing in an open door, blocking the player's firing line for a whole minute then getting killed.

I dunno what you guys are whining about ... it looks like fun! :)

No, I'm not a fiddy fan. Yeah, I mocked and lol'd at the trailers too. Yeah, I've totally watched the first trailer a MILLION times and showed it to all my friends (multiple times). But it's so ridiculous, so over-the-top, and so BAD-ASS that I was actually pretty excited to get my hands on the game.

And just as I'd predicted, the game didn't turn out bad. 7/10 on Eurogamer is respectable. HOWEVER, there's no split-screen co-op, and that unfortunately killed it for me.

Which is a shame, because I think it'd be fun to play with a friend, breezing through the game and lol-ing at the dialogue.

Mo

It doesn't look bad, but it seems pretty much like a half-assed mimic of games I've already played on the PS3 and 360.

I dunno what you guys are whining about ... it looks like fun! :)

[...] so BAD-ASS that I was actually pretty excited to get my hands on the game.

Yeah right... If being bad ass is just proffering insanity and killing generic enemies (oh my god, who gives a fuck, they're just enemies... Meant to die after all) with huge guns through repetitive gameplay mechanics in a completely unbalanced fight... It's really bad ass. You should see Gran Torino and read Batman R.I.P, you'd see a dead bad piece of butt in those two and not a fuck to be heard.

Being bad ass kind of goes against the wind, and this piece of marketing product is just the opposite... It's what you would expect from a game with fifty cents in it... Played it for a little while at the shop... Gess what, 50 cents is not only the title.

And what about firing the guy who had this idea "Hey guys, what if, instead of showing how cool our game is, we'd make a trailer that shows how the AI sucks, how the cover mechanics sucks, how our weapons are all the same, how the enemies are dumb as shit and have 1HP when you have 2billions..."

Okay, okay. Let's try this with logical reasoning.

50 cent has hijacked a helicopter. He holds a pistol to the pilots head while operating a chaingun AT THE SAME TIME. He flips out and kills lots of baddies. Typical day for Fiddy, right? Then he wants to get off the helicopter. Does he politely ask, "Sir, would you please land this helicopter at a time convenient to you?". NO! HE SHOOTS THE FUCKER IN THE HEAD, and JUMPS OFF as the helicopter CRASHES AND BURNS.

ZZZZOMMG! LOLOLOLOL!!! That. Is. BAD-ASS.

QED.

Well I don't really call it Bad ass, I call it generic gangsta crap, you're not bad ass just because you shoot people in the head, you're bad ass because you drill in your society's moral code's ass with a steamhammer. And it might just be me, but bad ass isn't killing people anymore, it's been done so much that even GTA3 wasn't bad ass anymore.

Lol, it's not "generic gangsta crap" either ... it's not like rappers go around shooting up fictitious arab countries on a daily basis. It's just good ol' over the top violence.

Which is fun, you know? Lighten up a bit, not every piece of media needs to be incredibly deep stuff. Sometimes I just wanna sit back and have a laugh.

"wherez ma skull?" LOL.

Mo

Yes, it seems to have entered the region of 'so bad that it's good'. Like old godzilla movies.

I guess I'll stay out of this country then, I'd rather go play Killzone or GTA which are really funnier to me than spending money on that guy's ego.

... funnier to me than spending money on that guy's ego.

He has a point.

You should all download for the laughs. Or rent. Or wait for someone to put videos of them playing all over Youtube.

Fiddy didn't get shot 9 times and then sign a major record deal just so you could ignore him.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

Fiddy didn't get shot 9 times and then sign a major record deal just so you could ignore him.

Mental image of a record exec aiming a pistol at Mr Cent and taking shots. After several shots are fired, Fifty glances at the contract and pen on the nearby desk and asks, "is that enough?"

"Not if you want to keep the Video game rights as well," says the exec, reloading the gun.

Now that I read your post I have a mental image too:

arabic guy with arabic accent:

"bout who are iou ?"

"My name is cent fifty cent"

And everybody around laughs their ass off

Mental image of a record exec aiming a pistol at Mr Cent and taking shots. After several shots are fired, Fifty glances at the contract and pen on the nearby desk and asks, "is that enough?"

"Not if you want to keep the Video game rights as well," says the exec, reloading the gun.

LMAO :tup:

Sorry I bring up a burried thread but... 50 cents and video games can go along pretty fine in fact

Y-CIqArHlu8