miffy495

Rez HD

Second session tonight and I'm definitely improving:

Managed to survive about 5 waves of the final final boss in area 5 -- that being the female avatar which slowly rebuilds itself with each subsequent wave you destroy.

Actually the female avatar is not the boss; she is Eden, the AI entity that you are attempting to re-boot / rescue. The actual boss is the large device that's "holding" her, which looks like two connecting pincers - kind of like the second Death Star's main reactor - and each time you hit it with a series of shots and bring down its energy to a certain level a part of Eden is freed and re-formed... which is what those little cutscenes show.

Which means I managed to get the 'bad' ending:

"She is still trapped inside..." (or similar)

Yeah kinda, it's saying that:

Eden is still trapped inside because you didn't get 100%, which if you achieve unlocks the special butterfly end sequence.

I'm amazed that this game can have so many spoilers. What, does the flying silver guy turn out to be a butler?

what a load of shit this game is

ITS TERRIBLE!!!111

only joking ben you know i love it hehe

I'm amazed that this game can have so many spoilers. What, does the flying silver guy turn out to be a butler?

Join the HD revolution, or remain forever ignorant.

...at least until you go looking on Wikipedia, anyway. Or hit Ctrl+A.

It's a great game -- everyone with a 360 should buy I think.

SPACE-U BUT-ER-LER!!!!

06.jpg

What, does the flying silver guy turn out to be a butler?

Hello? Spoiler tags? Some of us don't want to have all the surprises ruined.

Wrestle, the reason the bosses are getting harder is that you're getting better. Bosses have three forms. For example, on the first stage, depending on your percentage on the level up to that point, you will fight Earth[Mega], Earth[Giga], or Earth[Tera]. I'm at a level of play where I will usually fight the [Tera] versions of the first two bosses and the [Giga] versions of the second two. First time I fought Mars[Tera] was on my first play through HD, and it was a major jump in difficulty from what I was used to. I adapted though, and so will you. It's the game's way of active difficulty adjustment.

Ah-ha! This game continues to grow ever-more interesting. :tup:

NB: I saw Fat Rab playing last night, so I'd expect a videoGaiden review imminently.

No? Most of the stuff in videoGaiden is only barely something I'd call a review.

I fought a 'Tera' and won!

But I'm confused...

During the same play-through, I bet the end of game boss - or so I thought - so that Eden could reform. But I didn't get the 'butterfly' ending mentioned previously -- just that "She is still trapped inside the machine..." message again.

What did I do wrong?

I'm listening to the Rez soundtrack as I write this; I was concerned it might not work outside the context of the game, what with not having all the little snaps and hits from the player shooting things.

But it works really well. In fact, I've picked up a lot more of the subtlety in the way each track is layered. Very good stuff indeed.

I fought a 'Tera' and won!

But I'm confused...

During the same play-through, I bet the end of game boss - or so I thought - so that Eden could reform. But I didn't get the 'butterfly' ending mentioned previously -- just that "She is still trapped inside the machine..." message again.

What did I do wrong?

It depends what your avatar form was and what your shoot down rate was.

Basically there are two butterfly endings - white and pink. To get the white butterfly ending you have to be in final form, but you have to be under 100% shot down. Having a final form and 100% shot down will give you the pink butterfly ending.

I was wondering about this too. Thanks.

I beat level 1 with a Tera-form boss yesterday, but like an idiot I accidentally wasn't in "Time Attack" mode. Would have been #1 on my friends' list. But still, it's nice to see an improvement in play. Still a long way to go to 100% stage 5 though.

Level one Tera isn't so bad. The one that murdered me about 20 times before I could finally take it was the level two Tera. That one is a bugger of a fight.

Thanks to everyone for making me aware of this sublime bit of genius! I bought it sight-unseen based on YOUR comments... and I'm very pleased I did! Thanks! :tup:

Thanks to everyone for making me aware of this sublime bit of genius! I bought it sight-unseen based on YOUR comments... and I'm very pleased I did! Thanks! :tup:

Good man :tup: :tup: :tup:

Yeah kinda, it's saying that:

Eden is still trapped inside because you didn't get 100%, which if you achieve unlocks the special butterfly end sequence.

Huh? I DID get 100% Analyzation on all five levels, and I restored her, but I got the same message :(

Edit: Nevermind. It's the

shot down rate

... yikes!

Ok I've been so addicted to Rez HD recently, to the extent where I've hardly touched Lost Odyssey (which is a game I'm really loving... but I just can't stop playing Rez!)

I loved Rez loads on Dreamcast, but i never played beyond the normal mode. On 360, the 1080p beauty combined with the fact I now have a decent sound system elevates this game to an entirely new level of immersion for me.

Also, the achievements have actually caused me to explore the game more fully than I did on Dreamcast. I've now enjoyed Lost Area, beating time attacks (with their different 'hardest' patterns so a whole new experience), playing Boss Rush etc. and realised a whole depth to the game that I wasn't even conscious of back on DC, all thanks to acheivements prompting me to try them out. And then you realise you can download the replays of everybody on the leaderboards! And then you find the graphical filters, and all the things you unlock in beyond mode, and the way the unlocking of each thing is so perfectly placed, it's brilliant.

So far i've got 8 out of 12 acheivements and this is the first 360 game ever where I'm dead set on getting ALL of them.

Finally, when i first completed it i got the normal 'but she's still trapped inside' ending. After some more runs through.. when i got the butterfly proper ending, I almost cried I was so happy.

One of the best fucking games ever. Period. It's a masterpiece. I AM