miffy495

Rez HD

Jeez, it must have taken some practice to get 100% on all the levels! 8 out of 12 achievements as well? Wow.

Got any tips? :D

Oh you don't have to get 100% shot down/items, yes there IS an acheivement for getting 100%, but you can also get it just by playing the game for 10 hours which is much easier! There's another acheivement where you just need to get over 95% on areas 1-5 which isn't too bad (took me quite a few attempts to get over 95% on area 5 though).

Also it doesn't seem you need to worry about keeping the highest form in every level, there was one time I went in and did area five starting the level as the second upgraded form (i think), and I still managed to get butterfly ending.

I think for butterfly ending you just need to get over 95% on area 5 and stay in final (baby) form right 'til the end of final boss fight, although i never read up on it so could be wrong, maybe I was just lucky when I got that ending ;)

Once you've gotten the 95% in all areas acheivement I'd say go into score attack mode and aim for top 'local' score acheivement (over 150,000 in each area) which isn't hard to get either, took me 2 or 3 attempts on each area to beat the high scores and i'm crap at games so there you go ;)

Overall I'd say the acheivements for Rez HD are really well balanced, none of them are ridiculously difficult or require huge time investments, they're all attainable by most mere mortals within 20 or so total hours of gameplay which is perfect. And as I mentioned above, whilst you're gunning for the acheivements, you find yourself unlocking more and more things in beyond mode which is nice, the acheivements work as a nice incentive to try and improve your scores and master the game.

BTW, Does anybody know which webepisode of videogaiden has the Rez review?

That's really great! Thanks so much for that, it makes me want to go and play it right now... But my gf is pulling me out the door! :) It's good to know you don't have to be a gaming god to get the good ending...

although not getting hit during a boss battle sounds damned hard if you ask me!

Especially that one, which forces you to fight a version of every boss and then the final. I'm usually slammed pretty hard by the end of that battle.

Things I Have Learned:

Rez is awesome.

I suck at video games :P I can't even beat level 3....

Hang in there; Area 5 is sublime.

5 months later...

I finally beat area 5! Go me!

I didn't get the "she still lies trapped" message, although I did get a "but you still haven't seen the whole story..." message. Huh?

Oh well. I'm satisfied that I finally made it.