ysbreker

16-bit drumband

The person responsible is a fucking genius!

Shame the video was from the wrong end of the stadium and that the quality wasn't so good (it was hard to make some things out). Other than that, it's GENIUS!

Yeah, saw it over at Joystiq. Man, that made my morning.

But has gaming really become any more mainstream? I mean, it's all classic tunes so that might only suggest it was mainstream back in the 8 and 16-bit days.

It is awesome. What a surprise when they start doing Tetris! Small nitpick: the flag is supposed to go up, not down, at the end of the level, but what the hell. The triumphant music brings a tear to the eye. Mainstream gaming indeed! :tup:

Holy crap. Then where did that idea come from? Aside from the fact that it's weird? Why would Mario take down a flag if it were the symbol of his victory? Or is he reclaiming the lands from the Koopas?

I think the symbol on the flag is supposed to be a Koopa shell, thereby making him claim the land back. I think...

Sounds good enough, but it's still so... storydriven. Also, it doesn't make any sense; if you pull a flag's rope the flag goes up, not down. So he should've been at the bottom of the pole; carefully inching the flag down.

:grin::getmecoat

Sounds good enough, but it's still so... storydriven. Also, it doesn't make any sense; if you pull a flag's rope the flag goes up, not down. So he should've been at the bottom of the pole; carefully inching the flag down.

:grin::getmecoat

Depends on which rope you pull really.

The video was pretty nice. A bit confusing but nice.