Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Uh, Phoenix Wright 3 is out for the DS...

Link?! I was busy fucking purchasing it!

a_608460.jpg

Man, I don't even care anymore about Bio... what was it, "force"?

Sorry I didn't mention it. I did pre-order it though, at Play-Asia and if all goes right it'll arrive at my door somewhere tomorrow. Huzzah! I love English language budget Japanese versions of games!

I bought Phoenix Wright 2 yesterday

It took me about 2 hours to figure out how to get past the first chapter (like, not the first episode, the first courtroom battle)

Has it really been that long since I played the first?

No, Phoenix 2 just goes merrily along with the difficulty where it left off in the first game. I expect 3 to be brutal :gaming:

(Though in part 2 I already got the feeling that they were stretching logic a tad here and there, so I had to resort to using everything on everything on more than a few occasions.)

I thought the US release was in September?

I need to check Play-Asia to see why my preorder hasn't arrived yet.

I still have to play the second PW before I can get to this one, heheee!

What? The Japanese release has a English option? The only reason I went for the American version over this one was I reliably informed there'd be no English translation in the Jap release.:(

You were informed correctly. It's only the budget Japanese release that is just out that has the English option. Standard Capcom practice. The Western version will be here in a mere month; but ordering it will get you the game within a few days (and not to mention 20 Euros cheaper).

I still haven't played the first one. I'm assuming it's awesome?

It is more than awesome.

Is there a difference between the English translation on the import version and the English localization on the American/European version?

No, other than that the Japanese-English version will sometimes have a negligent amount of spelling errors. 2 had those here and there, but they're hardly worth noticing in the tidal wave of good writing.

Also, I got my copy of Phoenix Wright 3 and started playing. I also got the bonus alternative covers, but they are hugely disappointing, even as a free gift. They're uglier than the original covers and they come on one pamflet, so you can use it on only one box which then apparently has to hold two games? Bizarre.

What? The Japanese release has a English option? The only reason I went for the American version over this one was I reliably informed there'd be no English translation in the Jap release.:(

No, that's Gyakuten Saiban 4. That doesn't have an English option. All the other DS releases have had English options - according to Capcom Japan, they've been using this as a selling point. "Learn English with Phoenix Wright!" Etc. etc..

And from what I understand, there are NO differences between the Japanese version's English translation and the English version's translation. All the spelling mistakes present in the Jap one are also in the US one, which meant a lot of bitching and moaning for those who waited for the local version of Phoenix 2.

The full release of Phoenix 3 had no English version, Ben, only its budget release which is just out.

Hey, maybe the fourth one will have a budget version too?

I thought the "Full Version" was the GBA version and that the budget releases avec translation were the first time they were seen on DS....

Five minutes into the game and a haemorrhoid joke turns up. Oh Phoenix Wright, it's good to be playing it again. :tup:

(Spell check report: reads "on one" instead of "no one" in chapter 2. You heard it here first.)

Just finished it, and it was awesome. As in the previous two games, there were some contradictions that were too "complex" for me, so consulted the FAQ a couple of times, and some of them were too obvious, or too much hinted at, but most of them were just right. Now, after playing two games with no DS specific stories, I'm absolutely dying to get a hold of the next one. I guess it's a given it's coming out in English, but are they going to wait any more than necessary? I want Apollo Justice now!

Also, judging by the names in the credits, I'm pretty sure the translation team that did PW also did Dead Rising.