Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

my kitten is here... photo thread.

shush you two. I said SORT OF giant cat. If you picture it as being a cat instead of not being a cat, it's totally a giant cat.

So why do you need the picture for ?

Because it's almost right except that the cat isn't a cat. If you pretend it is, then it's perfect.

See?

Looks more like a bigger-than-normal wolf to me.

Certainly is--from one of my favourite anime. Everyone should watch it, it's superb.

i remember coming across a paper that said that border collies are the most intelligent dogs. still in the grand scheme of things they're functionally equivalent to a 2 year old child. my friend has a border collie who occasionally wees with excitement in the kitchen, and she licks it up or soaks it up with her paws. Guess she's smart enough to develop a neurosis.

Still, cats have more dignity.

The smartest border collies are up there with 3-or-4 year olds.

Still, cats have more dignity.

Yeah but so do royal families, which are also spoiled, pampered and in-bred...

oh wait, this is a prety good analogy :D

i refuse to accept that border collies are THAT amazing. 3 or 4 is going a bit far. I know they're smart but the whole acceleration of learning thing that goes on around age 3...collies are totally left in the dust. They are brilliant though. Great, now I want a puppy.

Yeah but so do royal families, which are also spoiled, pampered and in-bred...

oh wait, this is a prety good analogy :D

Royal families don't have dignity, they only think they have. Cats don't care whether they have dignity or not, but have dignity anyway.

Rusalka's kitten is now here too!

allow me to present, Lilli the Siamese!

Raz is jealous and sad about the new arrival, but soon they will be best friends :)

lilli1.jpglilli2.jpglilli3.jpglilli4.jpg

Lilli is magical :)

She's very much different from Raz - for a start, she likes to hoarde her toys. Raz leaves his toys in the middle of the floor when he's finished with them; she hasn't finished with them until she's dragged them into a corner and plucked them clean... then hidden them somewhere...

She loves people and cuddling and purring.

She eats only Tuna in Spring Water. I'm not kidding, I'm not just being one of those weird people that feed their cats ridiculous food... she didn't eat for about ten hours, and only gave in when I gave her Tuna...

Raz keeps following her around with wide, anxious eyes... afraid that she'll go into his favourite places... he stays about two cat-lengths behind her at all times while stalking her, and then ducks down to hide if she looks behind her. As though she won't see him that way.

Ooooh I love them both.

Holy fucking adorable. I love siamese cats, and Lilli is brilliant.

I'm sure the stalking thing won't last for very long. When I first got my dog way back in the day, my three cats would converge on her from time to time, allowing her no escape and scaring the shit out of her. This was particularly funny because my dog is about 70lbs and my cats are cat-sized. Within a couple of weeks, they were cuddling up with the dog and cleaning each other. Cats adapt fast. Enjoy the cuteness.

that last picture of her with the red throw looks like a glamour shoot. I'm soooooooo jealous! we're gonna get a kitten when we move out of our flat and into a house in october. i want to call him mr tiddles, but existentialistjones thinks catwoman is better. suggestions? i won't go for tiddleswoman.

An excellent name for a cat (preferably a black cat) would be Behemoth. But only if you like Russian literature.

Our dog is seven now and they still can't stand each other.

that last picture of her with the red throw looks like a glamour shoot.

Lol, I think that red throw is actually Yufster's coat :mock:

My entry for cat names would be Enemy. Spurred from an MSN conversation in which I attempted to tease Yufster about how her kittens are enemies.

No actually it's a red blanket.

Why does everything red always have to be my coat, Nick?

It doesn't. My Idle Thumbs hoody is red, as is my cap that I wear always.

Just it looked like it was your coat, it's the same material or something.

I was wrong, fuck. Get over yourself.

The last two cats we had were the biggest in the litter (male) and the smallest in the litter (female). Female was stand-off-ish and dominated, obviously; male was a huge softy and very affectionate.

My sister named the female cat Holly, for no particularly reason. I'm much more methodical though, me: because the male cat was a serious beefcake - and loads bigger than Holly - I called him Max. As in this Max:

sor2bk2bmaxtd0.gif

:grin:

He was hit and killed by a car just before his third birthday, though -- not long after I went to University. I cried like a girl - and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :\