n0wak

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

It is really promising, but I'm waiting for the reviews so I'll know more about the game before I make my decision to buy it or not.

There are still many things that I want to know about, I'm pretty sure that the puzzles and presentation are good, this being a Cing game.

Crap, I still haven't played a bunch of DS games from last year that I've been meaning to check out. Depending on review scores, this may take precedent. Waiting to see right now.

Ok, I got it. The box design doesn't look all that good. The cover's OK, but it doesn't stand out and the type treatment is very ho-hum. Rated "T" for "use of alcohol."

Eventually, I'll play it too.

I haven't played it or seen any reviews (are there any yet?), but, for some reason, I have a gut feeling that it's going to end up being a disappointment in the end. I hope I'm wrong.

I haven't played it or seen any reviews (are there any yet?), but, for some reason, I have a gut feeling that it's going to end up being a disappointment in the end. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3156627&sec=REVIEWS

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/hotelduskroom215

The 1up guys on the podcast -- the ones that played it -- were raving about it too. Not that their opinion was going to affect my decision to get it anyway, but just saying.

Heh. The quote from the worst review on metacritic is something along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing here) "It's good, but it requires patience! Who has that anymore?"

Yeah, sounds like a quality adventure game then. I'll definitely be checking it out.i

Hey, Mr. Dusk fellow, do you come with multiple endings?

Multiple endings are fun.

Please come with multiple endings.

--Yours,

Finn Madrox.

EDIT:

Dear Mr. Dusk,

I need to stress that my question is NOT about your forked penis.

--Love,

Finn Madrox.

And they gave it a 8.2! :tup:

Well, what did they give that slimy piece of shit Touch Detective?

Just got it today. From what little I've seen of it so far, it plays like Tex Murphy, but without the charm. Still, I'm having fun with it.

Grrr... stupid EB was sold out when I stopped by on my way home from class. Oh well, at least they finally let me put down a pre-order for GH2 on 360. Last week their computers didn't think the game existed.

I will be most likely picking up Hotel Dusk in the upcoming months.

I read some reviews and it feels like a better game than Another Code.

Are the characters interesting or just noir cliches?

How can noir be cliché?

Darn another class looking DS game. love the graphical style

I'm totally skint and all these great looking DS games are making me want to extend my overdraft just so i go buy a DS and play these games. As well as shout "Objection!!", without people looking at me too strangley.

As well as shout "Objection!!", without people looking at me too strangley.

I never once shouted at that game.

Is it really as good as he says? Are the characters interesting or just noir cliches?

Most of the characters are pretty standard noir archetypes, but they have pretty fleshed out and interesting backstories. Moreso than the characters in, say, Brick.