Sign in to follow this  
Git Force Gemini

Will 2007 be a good year?

If Blizzard releases (or at least announces) something that's not World of Warcraft in 2007, then yes.

As for life. Yes. Definately.

Absolutely, there are going to be TWO DIFFERENT GAMES based on Biker Mice From Mars coming out. By the end of this month. What more do you want?

Yes on both accounts for me:

• All three consoles should be in all three territories by some point this year (Sony :shifty:), meaning there'll be plenty to see, do and rip the piss out of talk about in videogaming.
  • My third-born is due on the 30th of this month and I'm already bursting with excitement!

Personally, 2007 should be great. Games-wise, I couldn't really care less, since I continue to find great stuff to play from pre-2000, let alone 2005 and 2006. I'll catch up on 2007's haul once the hype has passed and the prices aren't so stupid. Except Bioshock and HL2:E2. Everyone has weaknesses.

I have hope! I would really like to get a good job this month; which, if attained, would mean that I would get to game at all in 2007, as well as do a lot of other things that did not occur in 2006. I'm having Wii withdrawal currently (some of my relatives got it for Christmas :().

I've got VF5, possibly a new Samurai Showdown game, Cardfighters Clash on the DS, Halo3 and a new Kingdoms under Fire game. Things are good.

My girlfriend has taken a shine to Mr Driller on the DS, I can still get drunk whenever I want to in Montreal...

Things are good there too.

Well, life continues to roll along as expected. 2007 contains no big (planned) changes for me. 3rd year of Uni, picking up an extra job (or two) over the summer to afford a 4th year. Still working at the theater into the forseeable future. 'Course, shit can always change fast, so I won't make any definitive statements.

Gaming wise, looks good. The Xbox and Wii both look promising, though not a lot major seems to be coming out for a while yet. In order to get me through the post-christmas drought, I found a Dreamcast second hand for about $35. First Sega console I've ever owned, (is the Game Gear a console? I don't usually count handhelds the same way) sorry to admit. As such, I'll be catching up on some old fashioned 99/00/01 goodness. Starting with eBayed copies of Jet Grind Radio and Samba De Amigo. Yay for cheap, 7 year old used games! All the gaming I have the time for, but a fraction of the price of playing the new releases!

Shenmue is stellar, you get to feed kittens and ask people the way to Ajiichi. And Wan Sai. And if you stand under a tree you get a cutscene. And you can spend all your allowance on vending machines that dispense Sega toys. And there's a confused Jamacian looking man who speaks in an amalgamation of seven different dialects. Best game of 2007.

Also I hear there's some box pushing later, it sounds fun, there was box pushing in Twilight Princess, how can it be bad? It's like Boxxle, but in 3D!

Actually, I ordered that as well. I've never really heard anything but good about it. Don't expect it to arrive until after the others though, so I didn't include it. Still, soon. :tup:

Well, I believe a huge range of Wii heavyv-hitters is coming out in 2007, so I'm all set.

You know what's weird? I'm terribly afraid that Bioshock won't manage to interest me for very long. System Shock 2 was really awesome for a few days, and then I lost interest, and seeing as Bioshock is pretty much more of the same... here's hoping that the atmosphere and setting will be all that's needed to see it through to the end.

There's a few games out in Feb/Mar of this year that I'm looking forward to. Okami, God of War 2, Final Fantasy XII, Phoenix Wright: Justice for All.

Actually, I think these are all stragglers from last year. :frusty: