Tanukitsune

Guitar Hero II (are the song selections localized?)

I was to pick Guitar Hero II when I had a horrible thought...

What if the Spanich version has different songs? I know nobody here has the Spanish version, but does anybody know if the game has different songs in different countries? (TORGDOOOORR!)

Also, how hard is it? I'm decent at Donkey Conga, but I've heard it's rather easy, so I'd hate to buy the game and not be able to beat a single song!;(

I doubt it. I think adding songs to that game is rather complicated (you need video and all the stuff the player has to do). Most likely the songs will be the same.

I'm pretty sure we'll get the same songs, although they change the Singstar song list tro crappy spanish "artists"...:frusty:

Also, how hard is it? I'm decent at Donkey Conga, but I've heard it's rather easy, so I'd hate to buy the game and not be able to beat a single song!;(

Konga is really easy, but don't worry, GH has four difficulty modes. Even on easy it's tons of fun (easy only uses 3 buttons instead of all 5). Get it!

I finally got it, it's awesome, but now I find out that I have to play on something higher than easy to get cash to buy songs!

I wanna buy Trogdor! ;(

I hope I can manage with the four buttons Medium difficulty has...:erm:

By the way, if I start a new group will they share the cash? Will the cash dissapear if I delete a group?

Cash stays constant among one band and is not shared among profiles. Really, it's not that big a deal. You can change your band's name any time you want (Hobocide has now rocked across both Guitar Heroes, and will continue to do so into the forseeable future) as well as guitarist and guitar. There's no real reason to have multiple profiles unless you have multiple players. And hopefully, the other players are able to earn the cash on their own.

Medium isn't too bad, although I highly recommend beating all of easy first. Working up to expert takes a while, and you gotta go in steps. In GH 1, it took me about 8 months between starting I Love Rock n' Roll on easy and finishing Bark At The Moon on expert. Practice practice practice, man.

Impressive. Mine was just kind of something I came up with on a whim and decided I like, yours has that subtext that makes it that much more appealing.

Nice. My GH1 band was called "Repetitive Stress".

My band's Oblivion. I was, originally, going to call in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, but there wasn't enough space...

My band is the "Ozzy Hellcats". I probably could have done better, but I didn't.

"Polka Deathgiants", maybe?

At work, one of the bands is called "Full Metal Vertigoat". :tup:

Well, with the game mechanics already solidified, all Neversoft has to do is keep on adding more songs. On the plus side, this frees Harmonix up to start creating more awesome rhythm games. Much as I love GH, I'd hate to see the team at Harmonix stagnate after creating such games as Frequency and Amplitude. I want some more original content from those guys.

All the same, I need a steady drip feed of downloadable content for the 360 GH when it hits, so I'd better get it. :hmph: