titanic_ca

Spam-induced thread about watches

I don't think ... and who wants a swatch anyway - you might as well just tell the time by beating yourself once every hour .. HAh

a watch!? sound useless.. haven't use a watch in the last 7 years

a watch!? sound useless.. haven't use a watch in the last 7 years

You're one of them? It gets pretty irritatng when 70% of your friends ask you for the time every 5 minutes or so because you're the only one who bothers to put on a watch when you leave the house.

I feel naked if I leave my abode without my watch.

I used to be like that.

But since every mobile phone I've ever owned has been able to tell the time, I simply don't bother any more.

Except on special occaisions, which require a little bling-bling. The cuff links usually come out then too. :grin:

You're one of them? It gets pretty irritatng when 70% of your friends ask you for the time every 5 minutes or so because you're the only one who bothers to put on a watch when you leave the house.

I have a phone, which doubles as a watch, tripples as an agenda, quadruppels as a MP3 player and ... something with a 5... as a game playing thingy ... (well scummvm works on it and I have a sokoban clone).

why should I wear a watch when I already have something else that also tells the time. And besides that, I'm usually not interested in the time. I have better things to do.

a tupple is 2.. so wouldn't be a quintupple be 5 sets and therefore be 10?

I always wear a watch. Yeah, I can get the time from my phone, but, really, it's less about the time than it is about style. A watch is the only accessory I wear. My watch looks nice. The end.

I haven't worn watches for years but I am looking to buy one again, for the same reason as n0wak. I'm eyeing this super stylish super awesome watch of ultimate style. Sadly it costs $200. :violin:

But since every mobile phone I've ever owned has been able to tell the time, I simply don't bother any more.

QFT

Fair enough. As long as you're not constantly asking people who wear watches, I got no beef with you.

I don't bring my mobile with me anywhere generally, unless I'm driving somewhere. In which case I leave it in the car.

So I need a watch.

People like you piss me off.:fart:

people like you who are pissed of by people like him pisses me of ...

oh great, another pissing contest

Heh, clever.

Ialso have not worn a watch in some time. When I was younger I used to collect broken watches. Not on purpose though.

I hate cell phones. I'm sorry.

And I also collected watches as a youngster. Loved taking them apart. All those gears blew my mind.

Because digital watches suck. Even if the gears and hands style watch I have is nearly impossible to read.

I hate cell phones as well. I grudgingly carry one becuase my younger sister is often left on her own and I'm her back up in an emergency. I absolutely refuse to activate the text messaging on it though. I will never, so help me God, text someone on a phone which is perfectly capable of sending speech.

Things work differently in the UK. It's cheaper to text someone than it is to ring them.

I will never, so help me God, text someone on a phone which is perfectly capable of sending speech.

Why? Do you not like text?

He can't read or write. He has to have his younger sister help write all his posts here.